Bell Fibe PVR failed - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2011-02-08, 08:03 PM   #1
Boavista

Default Bell Fibe PVR failed

Well.. I Noticed my box has been acting up the last few days ( random reboots, crashing while recording, turning it self on and off) and So i called bell today to let them know. they had me try and preform a re-program of the box but it failed. It just showed a red X in the middle of the screen. the CSR on the phone ( level 2 tech) said this meant communication failure between the box and the hard drive. So their sending a tech out tomorrow to replace my box.

I had expressvu since 2005 before i got fibe in September and my pvr's had never failed me. This one lasted a mere 5 months lol.

Anyone else experience their pvr failing this early into the service?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-04-08, 03:38 PM   #2
DoubleC
Rookie

It happens. It's a hard drive failure. If a DRA wasn't able to recover your service then it's probably pooched.

Even on my PC I have had hard drives that lasted years and others that lasted only months. My point is this isn't specific to your STB but anything that has a hard drive in it.