Seiki universal remote codes ? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Home Theatre Corner

Old 2010-11-30, 09:37 AM   #1
pullar
Rookie

Default Seiki universal remote codes ?

Hey everyone. I Now have 2 Seiki bd660 after purchasing a second on the weekend. I would like to be able to control it with the remote that comes with my digital cable box, but can seem to find the codes to make it work. I've tried to use the search function in the remote but the seiki unit turns off (times out) with lack of use before i can find the correct code. I've managed to scroll through between 2 to 300 codes before timeout occurs with no luck. So if anyone know the codes to input that would help.
Thanks

Last edited by 57; 2010-11-30 at 10:14 AM. Reason: minor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-11-30, 10:06 AM   #2
Dr.Dave

Each remote control has it's own codes, so you will have to post the make and model of your STB. Since Seiki is an off-brand, it's not likely to be supported by your remote unless it happens to use the same codes as another manufacturer.

If you have a learning remote, the best bet would be to have your STB remote learn the main functions of the Seiki.
Old 2010-11-30, 10:09 AM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

What's the make/model of the cable remote? Cable remotes often don't contain the codes for certain (off-brand) devices, however, the following website may help if it has the remote listed - you can type in the device (Seiki) and see if it gives you a code. You can also e-mail them. If not, then it's probably not available, unless you have one of the learning remotes and then you could teach it the codes (instructions would be in the operating manual for the remote)

http://www.urcsupport.com/#

There may also be a way to defeat the off-timer in the user setup menu of the Seiki?
Old 2010-11-30, 10:44 AM   #4
pullar
Rookie

Sorry did not realize that codes were specific to remotes. I thought the codes were specific to each device. I have an atlas 5 or dvr 1055 remote for my cogeco motorola box. I've tried the site listed with no luck. I will see if I can disable the timeout on the seiki so i can search more codes.
Thanks
Old 2010-11-30, 11:22 AM   #5
Dr.Dave

The Atlas 5 is a learning remote so you can use that feature if you can't find a code.

If you don't have a manual for the Atlas, you can download the PDF from the Shaw site.
Old 2010-11-30, 07:18 PM   #6
congo

To get by the time out, just start playing a movie. If like most, the remote code search is confirmed when the player shuts off.

Congo
Old 2010-12-14, 09:24 PM   #7
jeannie
Rookie

Default remote control code for seiki

I am looking for a remote controle code for my televsion so I can use my universal Directv remote control to turn the tv on and off and control volume.
model of tv Seiki LC 32G82
Old 2010-12-15, 08:01 AM   #8
sleemo

My Rogers (Altlas 5?) remote won't learn the code for my 24" Seiki LED TV. I've gone through the process several times. All that happens is while scanning through codes the TV shuts off for a second and turns itself back on, on it's own, I'm not hitting any buttons at this point. I even tried another Rogers remote, the 4 button model that scans automatically. It scans for over 5 minutes then just stops on it's own. No code found.
Old 2010-12-15, 09:19 AM   #9
blueroomelectro

The Rogers remotes are "universal (mainstream devices)" not learning remotes. You could buy a Harmony remote or a Sony VL type learning remote.
Old 2010-12-15, 09:37 AM   #10
scotta

blueroomelectro,
As Dr.Dave stated in post #5, the newer Atlas remotes provided by Rogers do have learning capabilities.
Old 2012-08-19, 11:42 AM   #11
KerriM
Rookie

Thumbs up Remote Codes for Seiki TV

We recently purchased a 40" LCD Seiki TV and were having troubles finding a remote code for our universal remote. We discovered that Seiki is associated with Hitachi. Try using the Hitachi TV codes to program your universal remote. It worked for me.
Old 2014-05-27, 01:34 PM   #12
Monboss
Rookie

Default Cade for Seiki TV

KerriM said use Hitachi and it is working for me. Thank you.