Smart record multiple recordings of same episode - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2014-03-03, 09:24 AM   #1
d_source

Default Smart record multiple recordings of same episode

On my 630, I'm noticing the same show recording more than once. For instance, I smart record new episodes of survivor (HD only). It plays at 8pm Wednesdays on global and an American carrier, CBS I think. In the upcoming recordings, March 12th, both of my 630s have survivor recording the same episode on both channels at 8pm that night. I also record Brain Games on national geo channel. Again, smart record new episodes. The same episode was recorded 3 times this weekend, all at different times (5pm on Saturday, 1am Sunday and 11am Sunday)...same episode.

Any one else experiencing this? If anyone else smart records survivor, can you check your upcoming recordings please?

THX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2014-03-03, 11:43 AM   #2
Dr.Dave

I've never used Shaw Direct, but the issue with Brain Games on National Geo is that the channel doesn't provide episode info for all the showings. In that situation, all the PVRs I've seen will record the program to be on the safe side, since it doesn't know if it's a new or repeat showing.

A lot of the specialty channels are sloppy with the episode info in their guide.
Old 2014-03-04, 11:31 AM   #3
JasperJoe

Mine says it's recording Survivor twice (at the same time) but doesn't actually. That's one of the most annoying things about the inferior channel / PVR setup on the 630.
Old 2014-03-04, 02:50 PM   #4
d_source

Thanks. I've just removed Brain Games b/c it was set to continuously record the same episode i mentioned above another 4 times. And for survivor, I guess I'll just see how many get recorded that night. i was actually only checking b/c I'm headed on vacation leaving Thursday and have to record 6 hockey games in the time I'm gone and wanted to make sure other programs don't get missed and i don't run out of space on the PVR. Maybe is always shows that it will record twice as JasperJoe has stated and I've just never noticed.
Old 2014-03-05, 03:17 PM   #5
adit

How do you set your recordings ? If you use search for a show from menu it may do this way (did not try). If you select one specific channel after (either once you find the show in search or from guide) it works well. In guide it shows 2 channels (at 300 and 600 range) because of duplicate numbers but it records only on one.
Old 2014-03-07, 08:58 AM   #6
smp01

I typically use the guide to set recordings. Pick a show on a particular channel and set to record NEW shows. That way it feels I have more control over the recording schedule. I am in Ont so typically I pick west coast feeds to record so that there are less conflicts if I want to watch a live show during Ont prime time. I rarely have any missed recordings.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:20 AM   #7
adit

Strange, I do the same and did not have the problem you described (except that it shows in guide the duplicate channel , but it records only once).