CLOSED — Shaw Gateway: Original code iS1 - Page 118 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion > Shaw Gateway

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-22, 08:11 AM   #1756
Sunset Point
Rookie

Default is2 up

At 5 this morning, turned on the TV and received the message that "an update to the Gateway was available - 'restart now' or restart later". Selected the 'restart now'! Went in to watch what the gateway lights were doing. The 2 right lights indicated some activity and the Record light flashed red, momentarily. The Portal which I used to select 'restart now' came back on, on its own. Went to Portal 2 and turned the TV on - nothing but a blank screen. Waited a few minutes - still blank; turned Portal off and then back on - 'Arris' showed up and every thing went back on.(Will have to try 3rd portal later).
Thanks Shaw, let's hope this cleans up a lot of issues - yesterday the system was particularly 'flaky'--looks great now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-09-22, 10:35 AM   #1757
Jetranger
Veteran

Location: Calgary SonyTVs,ShawGateway&6Portals DCX3400&3200, 5ShawExpanders:3WD,Seagate,iOmega Harmony One

This thread will likely soon be closed as there are other more specific threads for more focused discussion. Please look for them and do your best not to confuse different issues in the wrong thread.

For example, if you are having issues with recordings going missing and you are using an external drive, that could be a tough one to know where to post but I would like to suggest you start in the main 'iS2' thread and then move to the 'external drive' thread if it seems your problem is with your external storage.

Just a suggestion as our poor moderator now has a handful of threads to keep up with on just this Gateway system alone.
Old 2011-09-22, 01:51 PM   #1758
SnowGoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibble-comp View Post
Actually, by that forum link it was the MOCA LED. Obviously never noticed it lit before.
Old 2011-09-22, 02:57 PM   #1759
sibble-comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetranger View Post
Just a suggestion as our poor moderator now has a handful of threads to keep up with on just this Gateway system alone.
I was just wondering how the heck I as going to keep on top of all these threads ;-)
Old 2011-09-22, 06:49 PM   #1760
Ric01

Default Classification of gateway threads to pre and post code update

I agree that it can be a tedious job for the moderators, posters to constantly keep up with the re-segmentation/re-classification of threads as subject matters evolved.

After getting used to the new classification, I think it will benefit all in the long run to easily find the relevant subjects thanks to the streamlining of subjects in a logical manner.

Compared to other forums, I think this forum is relatively well managed and organized.
Old 2011-09-23, 01:49 AM   #1761
downbeat

Exclamation Keeping track of Gateway threads

The top post in the Read First, Main Discussion and Issues/Fixes Gateway threads all contain links to other major threads in this forum.
Old 2011-09-23, 11:49 PM   #1762
bugaboou2zutv
Rookie

UPDATE:

I've now had the gateway a couple weeks. Have had to restart it a couple times.

However, discovered one VERY COOL feature in VOD. Since I subscribe to Superchanel and Movie Chanel, I can use the VOD to pull up ANY listed movie and "rent" it immediately for $0.00.

Who needs to wait for a movie to come on, NOT ME!
Old 2011-09-24, 08:45 PM   #1763
funkymonkey
Rookie

It is pretty cool...but is the VOD in HD???

Until the Movie Central VOD is available in HD, I'll wait until it airs.
Old 2011-09-25, 04:10 PM   #1764
bugaboou2zutv
Rookie

Thumbs down Gateway PVR recordings cut off early!!!!

I'm getting steamed. I missed the end of Two and a half men, then the last Dream11 fight. And I STILL can't order the UFC PPV. Grr. Fix some stuff SHAW!!
Old 2011-09-25, 04:35 PM   #1765
downbeat

Exclamation Thread closing

With the Shaw Gateway iS1 code replaced, this thread is closing. Please use the following NEW THREAD to discuss firmware issues for code update iS2:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145709

Other threads of note:

Fixes & issues (after iS2 code update)
A running list of fixes an issues with the iS2 firmware update.
(Not a discussion thread.)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show....php?p=1324303

Adding external drives
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=142528

Gateway promotions (new subs only)
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=144468

Wait times for Gateway support
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145274

Installation and setup discussion
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=145834

Last edited by downbeat; 2012-01-25 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Made sticky
Closed Thread