Fibe TV HD Channel Line-up - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-10-18, 02:59 PM   #16
moralis
Rookie

Default Portuguese Channel-SPORT TV AMERICAS & Benfica TV

Question for Boavista,

Do you know if Bell Fibe TV will add SPORT TV AMERICAS, Benfica TV and maybe SIC Noticias to their Portuguese line up. They would get a lot more customers including myself. I know Dish Network in the USA has RTP I, SIC International, SIC Noticias, SPORT TV AMERICAS and Benfica TV.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-10-18, 08:27 PM   #17
Boavista

It would be nice but i doubt it.. none of those are licensed to broadcast in Canada. And at this point doing something so simple as adding FPTV ( a Toronto based Portuguese channel) seams like its going to a lonnnnnnnnnggggg time if ever before it gets added.

It would be nice if they added those.. but i wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 2010-10-18, 09:24 PM   #18
ErikBRak1m

Location: T.O.: FibeTV, Tosh 26HL86, Yamaha HTR-6180B, Tosh HD-A30, Sony BDP-S760, Tosh DVR-5,Xbox 360,PS3,PSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boavista View Post
Thanks @ErikBRak1m i got your PM..
However i think you might be a tad mistaken. If you key in Ch.880 on the remote.. the Receiver jumps to Ch.881 witch is RTPi.

Channel 880 Doesn't even exist on the fibe tv yet. Its supposed to be fptv on 880.. however it doesn't even appear in the guide.Its supposed to be a $5 ADD on to the Portuguese combo ( combo being ch.881RTPi,882RDP Radio,883 Tv globo)

So fibe has 3 Portuguese channels out of the 4 they advertise.. however its kind of a crock because 882 is just a radio station. So really its 881 (rtpi) and 883 ( Tvglobo).

BTW- The International channel chart online is out dated. If you visit a bell world and pick up the booklet that's where they advertise FPTV.
Hi Boavista,

Yes, sorry, you're right: It skips to channel 881. I didn't notice that when I tried it, and since I saw Portuguese content, I thought it was that channel.

I guess the programming is yet to be finalized, just like you were saying.
Old 2010-10-18, 10:26 PM   #19
moralis
Rookie

Default Portuguese Channel-SPORT TV AMERICAS & Benfica TV

Hi Boavista,

Both are actually licensed to broadcast in Canada: Here are some links

Benfica TV:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2010/2010-185.htm

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/publications/satlist.htm - check section C

SPORT TV AMERICAS:

Actual Document:

http://www.erc.pt/index.php?op=verno...cias_tl&id=373

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/no...rt-tv-americas

I also spoke to a programming manager at Bell and he said they need a lot people to e-mail Bell and request both channels.
Old 2010-10-26, 10:11 AM   #20
wm_cheng

I was kind of surprised to find out that CP24 is not part of the basic package (like it is on Rogers). To receive it, you need to subscribe to their News Theme pack. It's too bad, since its nice to have once in a blue moon, but I wouldn't pay for it.
Old 2011-01-12, 06:24 PM   #21
WIll_TO

I'm more surprised at the lack of some HD channels, for saying they have the most in Canada... there seems to be a bunch that they don't carry... Bold and Foxnews come to mind... but correct me if I'm wrong... does CP24 put out an HD feed? Not on Fibe... I imagine it's licencing.

I was pretty happy when they added CBCNN to their HD lineup.
Old 2011-01-13, 10:21 AM   #22
thumbsdown

I'm gonna get the Playboy channel.
Old 2011-01-13, 02:32 PM   #23
Boavista

Fibe is missing quite a few HD channels now..
just off the top of my head

TVO kids HD
NFL Network HD
YTV HD
Family HD

Fibe has way more channel capacity then bell satellite does.. so i dont see why their not adding new channels to the fibe tv. One would think that if they add it on bell satellite then it would be added the same time to fibe.
Kind of a disappointment, i left bell satellite because they werent able to add more hd yet they have added a few new channels since i left while all fibe has added was sportsnet one
Old 2011-01-13, 06:57 PM   #24
betterthancable

Default Channels

Fibe TV and ExpressVu have different licenses and different contracts for carriage of programming. I was told that their goal is to have every channel that they have available in standard def in HD as well. MSNBC is only in HD.
Old 2011-01-20, 04:01 PM   #25
WIll_TO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbsdown View Post
I'm gonna get the Playboy channel.
That's in SD only, no?
Old 2011-02-16, 03:25 PM   #26
pmcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_cheng View Post
I was kind of surprised to find out that CP24 is not part of the basic package (like it is on Rogers). To receive it, you need to subscribe to their News Theme pack. It's too bad, since its nice to have once in a blue moon, but I wouldn't pay for it.
CP24 is actually available as an add-on without going via that theme package. Odd that it isn't part of the standard fair. Other than TMN, cp24 and Food are the only two channels we want and it seems like we will have to subscribe to a bunch of things we don't want to get them.

Is there anywhere one can obtain the cost of getting one theme package?

Philip
Old 2011-03-16, 06:52 PM   #27
autechre
Rookie

Default new to Fibe

Hello!

I am new to Fibe and have a question : I am from Quebec and want to know, if i choose channels └ la carte and they are available in HD, do I automatically get those in HD as well? Every since agent gives me different answers with regards to that. One told me that yes, if i choose National Geographic or A&E from the └ la carte channels, that I will automatically get the HD version as well. Another agent today told me that NO i cannot get them in HD and that i would have to get them by paying for an HD theme pack.

Any idea?
Old 2011-03-17, 08:21 AM   #28
joepro

I guess they were both right.

If the HD channel is not part of a theme pack, you automatically have access to it when subscribing to the SD version. Otherwise, you will have to subscribe to the theme pack to get the HD version.

Now, subscribing to an HD theme pack does not guarantee you will have access to every HD channel in it. You also need to subscribe to the SD version.

As for the HD channels included in the basic package, you don't need to subscribe to the SD version.
Old 2011-06-10, 02:53 PM   #29
CommieCanuck
Rookie

I'm getting my install done on Monday. The only channels I'm anxious to see would be Speed HD and History Channel HD. Any idea if we'll ever get those?
Old 2011-06-15, 10:51 AM   #30
hugh
Member #1

My guess is if its on Bell Satellite, it will eventually come to Fibe TV. If the CRTC allows, I suspect Bell will eventually try to get deals done that provide carriage on Satellite and IPTV. What the timeframe will be, however, is anyone's guess.

Tags
bell tv, fibe tv