Fibe tv Montreal availability schedule - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2012-02-09, 08:28 PM   #136
ratovan

Location: Montreal Videotron(8642,4642), Netflix, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360 x2, PS3

Got my install scheduled for next saturday. The service now seems available in DDO between st. Jean, Shakespeare, Somerset and De Salaberry.

I'll report back next week once the install is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-02-09, 09:13 PM   #137
deadtorights
Rookie

I live in dodo, on lake and blue haven, but only got FTTN and not FTTH.

Did you get FTTN or FTTH?
Old 2012-02-09, 09:21 PM   #138
ratovan

Bell fibe is only fttn. Their ftth service is only available in very select areas (probably new home build areas where there is no existing infrastructure) I have a friend at work who bought a home on the south shore and has fibre to the home, but he only gets Internet and phone through it at the minute, no tv service.
Old 2012-02-10, 12:09 AM   #139
Darwiner

Default Downtown?

Might anyone have some info as to when Fibe TV will be available in the downtown area? Around Notre-Dame West / Peel?

When I first moved here, I thought availability would be a no-brainer... Wrong.
Old 2012-02-20, 03:52 PM   #140
satbrowser

Default FTTH in Laval

Thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I recently got Fibe 10 installed. They ran FTTH, right inside the house to my main ethernet termination. The tech cut the copper, ran the phone line via fiber; so now I have my phone line to the house over fiber as well, with a battery backup.
(That's three modems/battery/boxes needed to get internet from Bell now).

My neighborhood is 12+ years old. The Bell techs ran fiber through the backyards last fall. Had to wait until January until internet was available.

I just ordered Fibe TV, scheduled for install 2nd week of March.
It wasn't available when I ordered Fibe Internet at the time, the tech told me to keep checking because it should be soon.

For those of you still waiting for it to become available; keep trying the web page; for me one try said no, next try said available, next try said no, and so on, it seems to flip flop. Tel # said no, address said yes, etc.
When I called the Fibe TV 877 tel line they just asked me: Did the web site say it was available? lol. I don't think the Bell sales people know either.
Old 2012-02-21, 01:20 AM   #141
Darwiner

I called them this afternoon because the building on the other side of the street now has Fibe TV available, but the online site says still not available for me...

Seems it's still not available yet. I have the impression the people we talk to on the phone just use the same tool as we do to check availability (at least, based on the same data). The only thing he was able to say in addition, was if there was a planned date at which it would be available (which there wasn't anyway).
Old 2012-02-21, 10:56 AM   #142
chuck_3000
Rookie

Default Downtown

Darwiner, I live in the same complex as you (Jardin Windsor?) and have been in contact with Bell since last August. We were told then that it would be available in early October and had to jump through the same hoops over the past 5 months (calling sales reps, checking the website, etc). Finally they called in December to tell me that they were ready to install and booked a date to come by. A few weeks later they called to cancel - eventually I managed to speak with an installation manager who told me that they had it installed in a few units but that they ran into some "technical difficulties" and had to cancel all appointments until they could fix it. So now I'm back to checking the website every day.

My personal opinion is that they've run into an issue with the building management company - in a complex this new, in a lucrative downtown area, with tons already invested in getting the fiber optic wires run to the building... a "technical difficulty" shouldn't take 5 months to resolve. But that's just my opinion. Whatever it is, I'm hoping they figure it out soon because I'm getting tired of waiting.
Old 2012-02-22, 02:11 AM   #143
Darwiner

I'm actually in the Lowney, on Notre-Dame at the corner of l'Inspecteur. The people who live in one of the previous Lowney phases, the one on l'Inspecteur at the corner of St-Paul, have been getting offers to subscribe to Fibe TV and some of them have installation appointments booked.

Waiting for feedback on them once they actually do get it installed, we'll see...

It's not untrue that, as far as I know, Fibe TV does imply more equipment and such over at the CO location, being VDSL and all, I think. So maybe it could be that... Although, right now, I can get Fibe Internet 25 just fine. Really does seem strange that they'd offer it, and then stop because of difficulties though.
Old 2012-03-06, 12:50 PM   #144
ratovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratovan View Post
Got my install scheduled for next saturday. The service now seems available in DDO between st. Jean, Shakespeare, Somerset and De Salaberry.

I'll report back next week once the install is done.
Update: Still not installed. Had two cancelled appointments. 1st excuse was "infrastructure issues", and the latest one was "network issues". Now I'm being told that it's not actually available in my area even though the website sill lists it as available.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:36 PM   #145
rainey

That was my issue. I am in Saint Leonard and it is listed as being available based on my address and phone number. However, when the tech arrived he said there is a network issue and could not be installed. Apparently this had happened to someone in my building a few weeks previous to my installation. What I am trying to figure out is why then the address is not flagged in the BellFibe database as being an issue. Technically everyone in my building could be setting up appointments in vain.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:32 PM   #146
chuck_3000
Rookie

Just had Fibe installed yesterday - became "available" on the website last week, called that day and had an apointment booked immediately.

As far as I know we were the first in the building to have it done. Took about 4 hours start to finish and they did a great job. There are still some bugs (whole-home PVR not functioning, lag issues in onDemand) but tech support said they should be resolved in a matter of days. Even with these temporary bugs, the service is FAR better than Videotron. I'm going to find the correct thread on this site to rave in
Old 2012-03-13, 07:16 AM   #147
deck

What region/borough are you in?

Last edited by 57; 2012-03-13 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
Old 2012-03-13, 10:12 AM   #148
chuck_3000
Rookie

I'm at Peel/Notre Dame, downtown
Old 2012-03-14, 02:05 PM   #149
chuck_3000
Rookie

I spoke with a technician and apparently they've received more requests for the service than they were expecting. As such, there have been roll-out delays across Montreal.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:25 PM   #150
ratovan

So apparently 3rd time was a charm. Had it installed yesterday. The tech took about two hours to do the four receivers. Luckily I had all my cables running to a central location so it was pretty easy to install. My only beef is with the modem. I tried to use it as my principal router but discovered the their UPNP implementation is broken. It plain doesn't work. I put my router back in place and all is good. The Sagemcom sees the pppoe request and passes it through. No loss of speed either with my router sitting behind the Bell equipment. With all tvs off I consistently get 25 down and 1 - 1.5 up.

I'll post my comments about the tv service in the appropriate thread in a few days when I've played with it a bit more.