Cancel Internet, but keep email account? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw High Speed Internet and Home Phone

Old 2010-08-21, 10:54 PM   #1
DennyCrane

Default Cancel Internet, but keep email account?

I have a friend who is in the process of moving her TV and internet services from Shaw to TELUS. She really needs to keep her Shaw email address (at least temporarily), but was quoted something like $30/month. Does this make sense? Are there any cheaper solutions? Is there anyway to get her email address transferred to my Shaw account? I'm aloud multiple email accounts on my high speed account, correct? If this is possible, what's the process for getting this moved over to my account?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-08-21, 11:15 PM   #2
Costa

Doubt it, most ISP offer a limited number of email addresses with each level of speed/service. When you cancel that service, you're probably cancelling the other perks of it too.

Pretty sure thats the only downside of relying on a email address provided through a ISP.
Old 2010-08-21, 11:30 PM   #3
DennyCrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa View Post
Doubt it, most ISP offer a limited number of email addresses with each level of speed/service. When you cancel that service, you're probably cancelling the other perks of it too.

Pretty sure thats the only downside of relying on a email address provided through a ISP.
I'm not sure you quite answered my question. I realize that the email account goes when you cancel your service; what I'm asking is if it's possible to link that email address to a different Shaw account. I believe I'm aloud 10 email accounts with my high speed service, so I want to know if I can say her email address is now part of my account so she doesn't lose it when she cancels her account. If it's not possible, what happens with the email address after it's cancelled? Does it go into a holding pool for a certain period of time before someone else can sign up for it? Or is it released right away? If it's released right away then I suppose I could sign up for that address immediately after she cancels the account tomorrow.

As for not using ISP email as your primary email, I told her the same thing. She has a bunch of pending job applications with her shaw email address, and now she's worried they won't be able to get a hold of her. I told her she should start a gmail account instead of signing up for a TELUS email account.
Old 2010-08-22, 03:03 AM   #4
coffeehead

Yes you can move it from her Account to your.They will just need your friends OK to do it
Old 2010-09-01, 01:14 AM   #5
DennyCrane

Update - we got it moved to my account with one quick phone call. Thank you!