Thinking Fibe, Questions.. - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-08-16, 09:08 PM   #31
Ericpl

Thanks Dr. Dave. I signed up to hear when it's available in my area. I move into my place in November, I won't hold my breath though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-08-16, 09:16 PM   #32
wm_cheng

Currently you can get an extra 40Gb capacity for $5/month extra for a total of 65Gb/month on their Fibe6 plan that is mandatory with the FibeTV. Just signed up on the weekend - there was a bell free ice cream truck on the beach boardwalk the week before run by the bell Fibe marketing guys (not the retail stores) and they offered the same deals but with free installation that the retail stores couldn't match.

Still have to receive application confirmation and an install date, I will post my experiences here when I get it.
Old 2010-08-16, 10:42 PM   #33
Boavista

I was Watching a movie i ordered on VOD ( HD stream) and i was also recording Cake boss on TLC HD. I went over to the pc and watching 1 HD stream 1 SD stream and recording another HD stream heres my internet bandwidth...

[IMG][/IMG]

Not bad
Old 2010-08-16, 10:58 PM   #34
e268

Thanks. This is a lot faster than my Rogers Express which can only do .5 mps up and somewhere around 7 mps down. I'll have to look into fibe.
Old 2010-08-26, 07:07 PM   #35
Fry1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_cheng View Post
Currently you can get an extra 40Gb capacity for $5/month extra for a total of 65Gb/month on their Fibe6 plan that is mandatory with the FibeTV.
You can get up to 4 extra packages of the 40GB per 5$. I currently have 2 for a total of 105GB allowance.

Sigh, I remember when internet usage was unlimited. Still is in the US
Old 2010-08-26, 09:20 PM   #36
Boavista

so far so good. No complaints with the service. Called today to pick my programming ( have until sept.11). To my surprise i actually received an email from someone higher up at bell fibe tv explaining to me about the situation with the Portuguese Channel FPTV that they advertise but don't have yet. she explained to me in an email that their just working out the legalities of their agreement and the channel will launch on bell on either September 15 or 16. pretty cool to actually get an answer from bell on something for once!
Old 2010-09-10, 07:38 AM   #37
plisvb
Rookie

I believe the 25 gig limit is an Ontario thing. Based on the website. Can anyone confirm the cap in Quebec as 60 gigs?
Old 2010-09-10, 04:36 PM   #38
joepro

In Quebec, Fibe TV is bundled with Fibe 7 and comes with a 60gb cap.
Old 2010-09-21, 10:35 AM   #39
noelk

Default Fibe TV beyond Toronto and Montreal?

I've been a Bell TV/Expressvu subscriber for years...but Fibe TV looks very interesting...I especially like the option of accessing the same PVR recordings from multiple digital receivers in different rooms (I currently can do this with a second TV using my old 9200, but would love the flexibility FibeTV would offer).

So, obviously FibeTV is focussed right now on the big Bell markets of Toronto and Montreal...and others here have posted good information of expansion plans within those markets into 2011. Any sense of when they'll start to roll out FibeTV elsewhere?

I live in Ottawa, so that's certainly my first concern...anyone know if there's a chance they'll start an Ottawa rollout by fall 2011? What about other markets, such as Hamilton, London, Quebec City...I'm sure others here might be interested?
Old 2010-09-21, 10:52 AM   #40
hugh
Member #1

Bell said 5 million homes in next four years but gave no roll-out plans.
Old 2010-10-08, 12:24 AM   #41
Boavista

Well a few updates on my experiences. Internet is still great. on the tv side Still No FPTV ( portuguese) as well as no HDNet, and today i learned Sportsnet1 was added to bell tv.. however not to fibe tv.

Really upsetting. seams everytime i change services ( Cable, to Expressvu, to fibe) i always get to the provider when they get into the groove of NOT adding new channels. Great..

Also i changed my pvr from Coax to Cat5 and i notice none of the other units can see the pvr anymore.. I tried resetting the pvr but it changed nothing. Found that odd.
Old 2010-10-08, 08:12 AM   #42
Almadacr

@Boavista you know that the Portuguese Chanel is a free to air Chanel right , i would love to know from the CRTC the legal side of this . About the internet bandwidth even in europe the amount of downloading is higher than Canada and the services are cheaper , Canada i don't know it looks like its a gold mine when it comes to internet/TV/cell phone services . Anyway i`m getting the change from bell tv to FIBE today so i will see how it goes .
Old 2010-10-08, 09:03 AM   #43
wm_cheng

When my installer was over, they said to not mix Coax with Ethernet, they ran new Coax because I had some Coax already instead of mixing the wiring.
Old 2010-10-08, 09:48 AM   #44
Dr.Dave

@wm_cheng. I'm not sure about Bell, but other telcos routinely mix Coax and Cat5. With MTS, the standard installation is Cat5 to the PVR and coax to all the other STBs.
Old 2010-10-08, 10:01 AM   #45
Boavista

@Almadacr- RTPi is the channel thats available via FTA. That channel as well as the brazilian channel is already available on fibe tv as i get both of them via fibe tv. The problem is they advertise FpTV witch is a toronto local portuguese channel but they dont carry the darn channel yet. Talk about false advertising.

Tags
bell, ethernet, fibe, install, internet, modem, wiring