Channel Not Available Message - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-07-30, 09:45 PM   #1
dmccorm140

Default Channel Not Available Message

Tonight various channels are missing on my service, but really no logic to the one's that are missing. Stations like MSNBC, HLN, CNBC, Penthouse, Sports Pack plus others give this message. But I still have about 75% of channels around them. I called Rogers and they say they can't figure it out and will send a technician out in a week. There theory is I have a weak single but my internet, VOD channels, TMN channels are all fine so I don't think thats the issue. But the customer service person insisted that a technician had to be sent out.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-07-30, 10:05 PM   #2
jvincent

Perhaps its an SDV problem?
Old 2010-07-30, 11:45 PM   #3

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

Here's the thread on that topic, which is the likely culprit. I assume you tried a cold reboot and measured your signal strength and S/N Ratio?

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...=sdv%2A+issues

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17719 SA
Old 2010-07-31, 07:52 AM   #4
dmccorm140

Thanks for your comments because this is exactly the problems i'm experiencing. Its as if Rogers did something since Friday morning the last time everything worked fine (I live in North West Mississauga - Meadowvale Town Centre area). I talked to another Tech rep this morning and he said they could do nothing for me on this issue from head office. So I have to wait until Wednesday.
Old 2010-08-01, 11:27 PM   #5
dmccorm140

On Saturday afternoon I noticed Rogers working outside my Apt building for quite a long time. When I came home later in the evening, my services were all working. So I just called Rogers and cancelled the Appointment they set.