Amazon Kindle - Web Browsing in Canada? YES. - Page 4 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Consumer Electronics and Home Computing > Portable Electronics: Digital Cameras, Camcorders, ebook Readers, iPods, MP3 Players and GPS

Old 2011-08-07, 11:45 AM   #46
james99

More good news. Your Kindle comes with 2 email addresses. The 3g one isn't free but the wi-fi version is.

Your kindle will come with an email address. It's in a sub-menu. I think you can change it via your amazon account.

The non free email domain is @kindle.com

The free (wifi) address has a domain of @free.kindle.com

The reason why i mention this is because you can send newspapers to your kindle via

http://calibre-ebook.com/

Calibre does many things but the best thing is the ability to send newspapers via email. When i'm on holidays i have my pc at home running and it sends out (via a scheduler) newspapers throughout the day. Just find wifi and it will download to the Kindle. Hundreds of newspapers and website summaries are available from around the world.

The Kindle has great battery life but if you have the wireless on then it will suck the battery so turn it off when you're not using wireless (3g or wifi)

I even managed to do some day trading on my kindle while on a beach in mexico. it was slow and painful but it worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2012-04-20, 10:47 AM   #47
Mongao
Rookie

Default Kindle 3G + wi fi

Hi all,

I have just pre-ordered the Kindle 3G + Wifi, but I have until april 26th to cancel my order.

I am in Montreal and I am not sure if the Kindle (I don't know the current generation, but it's the newer as of April 2012) is really what I need, so your help will be much appreciated.

That's what I am looking for:

- PDF reader
- Word Doc reader
- Web browsing (OK, no flash, but I need to read the news, I am not talking about subscription, but I wanna read web sites like Montreal Gazette, Globe and Mail, etc)
- 3G is a must cause I'd be able to take it on vacations and google maps, locations, etc
- Wi Fi
- e-mail reader (Gmail)
- stream music through my home network

Please, is the kindle for me ?

Thanks,

Mongao