Rogers On Demand online (RODO) drops beta tag - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

View Poll Results: What do you think of RODO (Rogers on Demand Online) in May 2010?
Excellent 0 0%
Good 1 5.56%
Satisfactory 1 5.56%
Poor 5 27.78%
Terrible 11 61.11%
No Opinion 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-26, 01:29 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Rogers On Demand online (RODO) drops beta tag

After a seven month beta phase, Rogers Cable announced today that its Rogers on demand online (RODO) service offering is no longer in beta.

The company says that along with dropping the beta tag, RODO features new content, social tools, improved functionality, higher resolution and live streaming capabilities.

Previous threads
So have you tuned in lately and what do you think now?

NOTE: Before posting in this thread, please read post #2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-05-26, 01:31 PM   #2
hugh
Member #1

If you are a Rogers employee, please do not vote in the poll. If you are a Rogers employee and would like to offer a comment, then please identify yourself as such.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:15 PM   #3
wiggum

IIRC, they have added some content, but imo it's still nothing to write home about. Most/all of the American produced shows are limited to one or two episodes, but some Canadian produced shows have more. A lot of this content is already on the rights holder's website anyways. It also appears that CBC and CTV (and CTVglobemedia's channels) have not signed up.

Site is pretty slow, although that might just be because of the news release. They should be able to handle the load either way.

While some of this content is unique to RODO, most of it can be found legally elsewhere on the web. RODO is really more of a portal in that sense. I might use it as alternative to the rights holder's website if the streaming didn't count towards my monthly bandwidth quota.
wiggum is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2010-05-26, 03:42 PM   #4
wprager

Disclaimer: I have not tried it out as I have the 'Lite' service.

Regarding the comment about most content already being available legally elsewhere:

Most (if not all) US network shows available on the networks' websites is not available in Canada. If it is now available on RODO then that is an improvement.
wprager is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 2010-05-26, 03:53 PM   #5
hugh
Member #1

I tried it in February with PR access and was totally underwhelmed but don't have access anymore.

What I am really interested in knowing is, "has the service improved much since February" when everyone essentially hated it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.