PVR Rentals suspended for the summer in all digital areas - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Communications > Shaw Cable HD tuner and HD PVR Discussion

Old 2010-05-11, 07:23 PM   #1
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400
Default PVR Rentals suspended for the summer in all digital areas

Most major markets (all digital) will be suspending the $19.95 HD PVR rental program until the end of June. Once it commemnces again in July there will be a new program and the monthly rental will be $24.95 but I don't have any word on the model of DCT. Any customers who are on the old rental program prior to may 13th will be grandfathered in at the $19.95 rate with that same equipment.

Areas that have not launched all digital yet (smaller markets) will continue to run the $19.95 rental once the program starts up again in July.
Advertisement

Old 2010-05-11, 09:33 PM   #2
krunk

My Shaw office in Vancouver said they will be launching the new Motorola boxes in about a month. I wonder if this will coincide with the new rental program.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:20 PM   #3
Shaw Guru
Veteran

Location: BC. Shaw Cable, 42" Samsung DLP, 6416 w/expander & DCX3400

I think the launch of the new Motorola DCT will be for purchase only and then about 1 month after that will be the rental option of the same model. Speculation on my part though as I'm not privy to that kinda info.

Tags
pvr, pvr rental, rental, renting