H1005 HDCP Error with Cisco 430 dvr - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus IPTV (also known as Optik TV)

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2010-04-15, 01:33 AM   #1
mr.noodles
Rookie

Default H1005 HDCP Error with Cisco 430 dvr

This has happened many times to me and is fixed by rebooting the DVR.
I have a Panasonic plasma Viera connected to the STB via HDMI cable.
The screen goes blank (all input signals lost for all channels, standard def and hi def). The following message is displayed on the tv screen:

"Unable to display video service over HDMI. HDCP link integrity check failed H1005"

If you Google "H1005" there are "many" posts by ATT UVerse customers using the same Cisco DVR.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with Telus TV? I would like to know before i contact Telus to see what can be done.

Having to reboot the DVR is NOT a satisfactory solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-04-15, 02:12 AM   #2
duffy11

I've never had this happen:

CIS430 --> Yamaha Receiver --> Panasonic Viera Plasma

All connected via HDMI. Not a single hiccup here.

Have you tried updating the firmware on your TV?
Old 2010-04-15, 03:18 AM   #3
ttvguy

HDMI is unsupported due to the varying issues between hardware and versions. Contacting TELUS will likely get the response of them telling you to use component cabling instead of HDMI. Any technician sent out will simply disconnect your HDMI and connect you with component cables.

This is not particular to TELUS. I don't believe there are any providers out there that fully support HDMI. If there are, they are few. A simple google of HDMI compatibility issues will yield you many reasons why this is.
Old 2010-04-15, 10:12 AM   #4

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

If it's not the issue that was discussed (and fixed) previously in the following thread that you started, then see the HDMI FAQ in post 2 of that thread which discusses HDMI issues and things to check at the bottom of the FAQ.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=123345