Noma AC Unit Operating Manual - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Not the Digital Home > Home Fix-up including Appliances, HVAC and Power Tools

Old 2010-04-02, 06:31 PM   #1
alebowgm
Veteran

Default Noma AC Unit Operating Manual

Just hooked up a Noma wacr5200e unit in my apartment that a friend gave me. Can't seem to find a manual for it online. Does anyone know where I can find it or contact info for Noma so I can trace down a manual?
Advertisement

Old 2010-04-06, 10:26 PM   #2
alebowgm
Veteran

Default A headache...

Ok, so get this. Went to Canadian Tire to get the phone number to call Noma. The 1-866 number they gave me rings to infinity. So went back. A different girl gives me a different number. This time I got someone on the phone. She has never heard of that model of the unit, puts me on hold. She calls the warehouse and they say they have the manual and can e-mail it to me. I say I'll wait for the e-mail, back on hold I go. After 10 minutes an e-mail comes in but its not for the correct unit. So I tell the girl and she transfers me to the warehouse. The guy at the warehouse asks when my unit is from. I tell him its the model that was sold in 2006 and 2007. He goes to say that Noma changed manufactures of the unit in 2009, so the 1-800 number I called is only good for 2009 and 2010 units. Anything before 2009 I need to call Danby. He says this has happened in the past and gives me the number.

So I call Danby. They have no idea what the hell I am talking about.

So I call back Noma. Get the same guy from the warehouse when I tried to get transferred to a CSR. He says Noma is just the name brand and not the manufacture, he has no idea who did these units pre-2009 and that I should go back to Canadian Tire and see if the manager can track down who to call on my behalf.

Sigh...
Old 2010-04-07, 01:36 AM   #3
txv
Veteran

Canadian Tire may have used proprietary model numbers.

Aren't window a/c units self explanatory (operation wise)?
Old 2010-04-07, 01:55 AM   #4
alebowgm
Veteran

Well the reason I cared was the unit was setup to ferinheight and I couldn't get it out of the mode. I had tried the press up/down button trick but it didn't work until about an hour ago when I tried again... so now I don't care so much...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.