remote ctrl codes for visionquest tv - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Shaw Direct (formerly Star Choice)

Old 2010-03-28, 04:46 PM   #1
dbknox
Rookie

Default remote ctrl codes for visionquest tv

Has anybody found the remote control codes for Visionquest TV?
It isn't in the manual and I have tried a lot of different codes but no luck.
Sure hope there is some one out there that can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-03-28, 11:26 PM   #2
ae_collector

I've got the same problem with my Viewsonic TV. There is one code in the URC550 remote for Viewsonic but it doesn't work my TV. There is a replacement remote called the URC551 (I believe) that apparently has a couple more codes Viewsonic codes in it but the only way to find out if it will work my TV is to buy one and cross my fingers.

I gave up and used a Harmony remote but it can't be addressed seperately to avoid my other 505/530 receiver remotes operating this TV.
Old 2010-03-29, 09:42 AM   #3
jamesgoodchild
Rookie

Actually it can. You can go to the Logitech website and choose advanced for the STB remote and then there is an option to learn from an existing remote. Grab your 505/530 remote that is set to something other than the default and have the Harmony learn its codes.
Old 2010-03-29, 11:33 AM   #4
smp01

I set my Harmony to the non-default addresses.

as noted above, have your orig remote. Took about 3 or 4 keys for logitech to figure out what address to switch to.
Old 2010-04-03, 11:51 AM   #5
dbknox
Rookie

Quote:
I've got the same problem with my Viewsonic TV. There is one code in the URC550 remote for Viewsonic but it doesn't work my TV. There is a replacement remote called the URC551 (I believe) that apparently has a couple more codes Viewsonic codes in it but the only way to find out if it will work my TV is to buy one and cross my fingers.

I gave up and used a Harmony remote but it can't be addressed seperately to avoid my other 505/530 receiver remotes operating this TV.
For Viewsonic I have the following codes in my IRC 551 ir and URC 551 IR/uhf manual,
10797,10857,10864,10885,11330,11342 and 11755
Old 2010-04-04, 01:40 AM   #6
ae_collector

Okay thanks dbknox. I'll try to determine if there is some liklihood of those codes working my Viewsonic TV.

Incidentally, I recently purchased a second HD TV, an Insignia. I couldn't believe it but the remote that the TV comes with actually works Starchoice receivers. I have never seen a standard equipment remote that works Starchoice.
Old 2010-04-04, 01:13 PM   #7
dbknox
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae_collector View Post
Okay thanks dbknox. I'll try to determine if there is some liklihood of those codes working my Viewsonic TV.

Incidentally, I recently purchased a second HD TV, an Insignia. I couldn't believe it but the remote that the TV comes with actually works Starchoice receivers. I have never seen a standard equipment remote that works Starchoice.
Hope the codes work for you. Thanks for the tip on your TV remote working on Starchoice. I wish I had the same luck with mine!