MTSTV Multiview Channels - Olympics and "MyPicks" - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > MTS

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-17, 08:46 AM   #16
Dr.Dave

^^^ Thanks for the definitive explanation - better than speculation.

For people like Mozza that want HD-only, you can record any channels that have events that may interest you and fast forward through them to get to the interesting parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2010-03-19, 10:34 AM   #17
CoryB

Based on the the Sports Picks (2010) and Multicultural Sports Picks (2011) channels a My Picks channel will be coming later this year.

This would seem to indicate a service similar to these two channels which were operational durring the winter Olympics, however one that can be customized to each subscriber.
Old 2010-03-19, 11:40 PM   #18
SomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
Based on the the Sports Picks (2010) and Multicultural Sports Picks (2011) channels a My Picks channel will be coming later this year.

This would seem to indicate a service similar to these two channels which were operational durring the winter Olympics, however one that can be customized to each subscriber.
A customizable channel?? Where did you hear that? What can you tell us about it?
Old 2010-03-20, 01:13 AM   #19
Macman

The channels 2010 and 2011 (four digit channels!!??) were on during the olympics, and they were split screen where you have one large picture on the left (about 3/4 of the fullscreen size) and then on the right you have 3 (or 4?) smaller PIP's that you can scroll through. I think there was 10 channels in total on the right side that you could scroll through.

Reminds me of Back To The Future...

http://www.11points.com/Movies/11_Pr...t_II_Got_Right
Old 2010-03-20, 11:22 AM   #20
SomeRandomGuy

I saw 2010 and 2011, I was wondering more about what CoryB was saying about a customizable version of them, what he called "My Picks". Any more information on that?
Old 2010-03-20, 12:11 PM   #21
Dr.Dave

I moved the "MyPicks" discussion from the "Free Previews" thread to this one.

I checked channel 2010 around March 15 and saw the "MyPicks" message but it was truncated and I wasn't sure if it was something left over from last fall or was for a new service. I noticed they have changed the wording in the last few days. Here is the current message.
Quote:
New this fall: MTS' "MyPicks" service. Watch your favorite shows from one channel.
I think the AT&T U-verse Mediaroom service in the U.S. has 3 Multiview channels with preset groupings - Sports, News and Kids. It would be great if it was customizable by subscriber, but that may be asking too much. I would be very happy to get what AT&T is offering.

If anyone gets info direct from MTS, we're all interested in hearing it.
Old 2010-03-22, 10:20 AM   #22
CoryB

I have changed the quote from the Olympics Picks channel to highlight how I read it personal.

Quote:
Watch your favorite shows from one channel.
Based on that emphasis I am assumping that it is a personally customizable channel. Not knowing how the infrastructure works on the backend it could be possible to offer a customized channel as it would not be all that different technology wise from the currently working picture-in-picture while browsing the guide.
Old 2010-03-24, 01:57 PM   #23
mediaroomrocks

Default mypicks

Id expect it to be similar to the sports picks app but you will be able to select your own channels per household or even STB
Old 2010-07-30, 09:56 AM   #24
Dr.Dave

Default My Picks coming in August

Saw this on the NFL Sunday Ticket page.
Quote:
MTS will be launching My Picks. My Picks allows you to enhance and customize your TV viewing experience! With My Picks you can keep track of multiple channels of your choice at one time, on one screen!

Stay Tuned for more information on this exciting new feature in August 2010.
They also mention that NFL Sunday Ticket requires a subscription to My Picks, which leads me to believe "My Picks" may be an extra cost.

Based on the "My Multiview" feature that AT&T is rolling out in the U.S., it seems like it will look similar to the Olympics Multview, with one main channel and 3 PIP channels. AT&T allows up to 55 channels to be in the favourites list that you can scroll through in the PIP section. The list is personalized per STB.
Old 2010-08-23, 04:31 PM   #25
Dr.Dave

I noticed this change:
Quote:
Stay Tuned for more information on this exciting new feature in September.
Maybe they're waiting for all the staff to get back from vacation.
Old 2010-08-24, 03:32 PM   #26
mtsguy

mypicks will be free for the first few months but yes, afterwards will cost extra. I believe they told us around $5.00/month
Old 2010-09-09, 04:57 PM   #27
Dr.Dave

Thread closed.

Please see My Picks on MTS Ultimate TV for the current discussion.
Closed Thread

Tags
mts, mtstv, olympics