Getting free cable can i buy a rogers hd box and get the free hd channels? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Rogers Communications > Rogers Cable TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-20, 08:37 PM   #1
sheppdogg2009
Rookie

Default Getting free cable can i buy a rogers hd box and get the free hd channels?

i have free cable right now if i get a hd rogers box used one can i get the free hd channels they offer??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-10-20, 09:01 PM   #2
windows7

How do you get free cable? If it's included in some sort of rental of a unit, that's great.

Free HD, though? Both yes and no. There's about 16 free HD stations available (OTA US networks on either the eastcoast or the westcoast and Canadian networks). You'll get some CBC Newsworkd, SportsNet, Golf, Speed, CNN and TLC HD, etc. But you have to pay for an HD package if you want A&E, Showcase, HDNet, etc. There's also a seperate Treasure, Oasis, Equator and Rush HD package. Also, you have to already receive TMN/Moviepix/HBO Canada to get their HD. If you get them free already, then an HD receiver will get you that. Otherwise, you have pay for a SD paytv movie package to get the HD versions.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...el=HDTVLanding
Old 2009-10-20, 09:17 PM   #3
TorontoColin

If you are, as I read it, stealing cable then that is illegal and not appropriate for this forum.

HD channels are digital, in order to get digital cable you must register the box with Rogers.
Old 2009-10-21, 12:23 AM   #4
sheppdogg2009
Rookie

Default not stealing

have rented a room and they have cable can get a box but just wanted to know if i plug in the hd cable box will i get hd or do i need to order something
Old 2009-10-21, 12:43 AM   #5
sheppdogg2009
Rookie

Default yeah

someone was gonna sell me a hd pvr for 150 bucks so if i buy it i need to activate it huh that sucks lol
Old 2009-10-21, 01:50 AM   #6

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Panasonic TCP65S1, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 8300-eHDD

This thread is now discussing account splitting which is illegal. Thread is closed. For the information of the OP, Rogers will only activate STBs purchased from them, from authorized distributors or from Rogers customers in good standing. In order to activate this STB you must be paying for cable.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35032