Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

BellAlliant Rentention offers?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kramer 
#1 ·
Has anyboby ever known Bell/Alliant to offer a rentention incentive if you should call in to close your account for homephone/internet.

#2 ·
I used to work for Aliant and yes, and like all good companies they realize keeping a customer is cheaper then getting a new customer.

Before you call, make sure you are a competitive risk - if Aliant is your only real option there is not much an agent will offer you. Agents have specific retention offers target'd at High-value (and highly competitive markets) such as HRM, St. Johns/Mount Pearl, Saint John, Moncton, Fredericton - basically, if you're in the AliantTV foot-print you can get great deals.

As for specifics, it's been awhile but here are some randoms I remember:

- $5.00 or $10.00 off a High-speed Value Package for 6/8/12 months.
- Free Dial-up Accelerator + Security Services if you're in a Dialup Area where we're going into for High-speed but EastLink/Rogers already exists.
- Up to 30% of Local Phone Service without features or up to 40% of Local Phone Service with features (only for deregulated areas).
- 50% off Second Phone Line for a year.
- Free AliantTV for a year (Digital Advantage + 1 Package only).
- If you're disconnecting your Internet because of computer issues (1) Free Home Expert Visit.
- $10.00 POT's Free Charge waiver to keep your Internet if you were dropping Local Phone Service.
- The In Market Offer when all else fails (which currently are REALLY good).

With the in-market offers I see Aliant is currently offering the Whole Home Package (Local Phone + Phone Features + Internet + BellAliant TV) as well as:
- Free HD (for up to 12 months)
- Free PVR (for up to 12 months)
- Free Ultra Upgrade (for up to 12 months)

Aliant setup a special website for Back-to-school promotions here: http://b-there.ca/

I also see they seem to be offering AliantTV without Local Phone Service.

Basically put, look at the promotions website, pick what you want and then call Aliant and say if you don't get it [competitors name here] will give it to you.

#3 ·
Yeah I'm not in the Aliant TV footprint, but I'm paying about 150 a month for my local phone/ultra high speed interent/cell plan. Eastlink offers cable dsl in my area. My wife and I each have a cell on seperate accounts with bell, and my daughter has a cell with virgin so i don't really need a landline, although I would perfer to keep it if it were cheaper. Now if I did get rid of my land line and kept my internet I don't want to pay a extra $10 a month either, and would be able to get Eastlink for cheaper. Lots to mull over, thanks for the info.:D

#4 ·
Sorry to bump an old topic but this topic is relevant to my post.

I really do like BellAliant as they have always been good to me in regards to my services. I had telephone, internet & T.V. with them and they were always reliable. That being said, it's a tough economy out there right now and with only a single income coming into the household right now; my wife and I had to evaluate our monthly expenses and see where we could cut some corners and save some money. I found an excellent deal for Cable TV at the RFD site and signed-up. I called BellAliant to cancel TV only and all the rep offered me to stay was a free PVR for 1 year. I told her to go ahead and cancel the TV service and continued on to say that if "you're not gonna even make a decent attempt to retain me as a valued customer then you can just forget about keeping me".

The same thing happened again when I called to cancel telephone service, they didn't really didn't offer much of an incentive to keep me however I wasn't really serious about switching. I took the small discount they offered and left it at that. Honestly I feel they have some very good promotions and excellent service, obviously YMMV but when it comes to retentions they could use a little more work. They just don't really offer much to keep you, it's as if they really want you to cancel, lol! I mean I specifically asked if that's all they could offer me and the rep said yes. If I was offered free TV service that TheAlien mentioned I would've stayed or at the very least 50% percent off one of their upper tiers. Oh and don't even get me started on the attitudes of some of their retention reps but that is an entirely different topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.