Video-on-Demand comes to Telus Mobility - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Telus > Telus Mobility and Koodo Wireless

Old 2009-07-23, 04:54 PM   #1
hugh
Member #1

Default Video-on-Demand comes to Telus Mobility

Telus today a new initiative that will give Telus Mobility customers with video-capable handsets the ability to view selected CTV content on its streaming video-on-demand service.

Available content include including MTV's The Hills, The Comedy Network's South Park, and top stories from CTV News, TSN and BNN.

To use the service, customers must have a video-capable handset and purchase a monthly subscription package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-07-23, 06:31 PM   #2
Danster

Do you remember the good old days when a mobile phone was just that, a mobile phone?My GE-1000 that was in my car back in 87, had nothing else but a handset attached to a speaker which was my handsfree as well. You couldn't buy a car phone unless you had handsfree.

That was $1300 installed. For a $150 more, I could get the GE-1500 that displayed, you won't believe this, the time on the handset .

With all these new gadgets ie: browser, camera,now video on demand and much more, these are nothing more than distractions. Gosh I can just imagine someone watching southpark while driving...

I think we are going too far with this technology. By doing so, we are slowly become dangerous to ourselves.

My 2 cents.
Old 2009-07-25, 06:28 PM   #3
Anteater

Meh... all I need in a cell phone is the ability to talk, text and browse the web.

Tags
telus, vod