V: 2009 version - Page 11 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Entertainment > What's On Television?

Old 2011-01-21, 07:20 PM   #151
skypilot

Quote:
My problem is when the big baddie (Anna) is badly acted then the whole show goes downhill for me. There was some things I liked but not enough for me to watch season 2.
Interesting. I think Anna (Morena Baccarin) is fine. My problem is with the meloncholic and very awkward/stilted acting Erica (Elizabeth Mitchell) and the much-over-hyped Hobbes (Charles Mesure).
Advertisement

Old 2011-02-10, 04:39 PM   #152
hugh
Member #1

I just started watching season one about a month ago. Watched it and am now caught up to the present day.

I really enjoyed Season one. The bit with Anna's mom confined to the dungeon below however was really over the top.

Great premise but things like this really begin to ruin it.

I will finish the season though.
Old 2011-02-10, 10:03 PM   #153
Proteosome
Veteran

I find this whole issue with wanting to destroy the tangible human soul a little ridiculous. For such an advanced and intelligent species, why would they think the soul is a physical thing that can be extracted and eradicated?
Old 2011-02-11, 07:59 AM   #154
hugh
Member #1

Is the soul any different from Bliss?
Old 2011-02-12, 11:33 AM   #155
Proteosome
Veteran

In the realm of the TV show I suppose there is some equivalency. But that is not the problem.

Bliss can become ineffective as a V becomes more human-like and starts feeling emotions. It is not a physical item that a rebel V destroys to be rid of it.

Similarly, the human soul is not a physical thing that can be destroyed. It can be beaten down, stamped on and eradicated leaving a person zombie-like with no will to fight. However, there is no physical soul (or bliss) that can be extracted and held in one's fist.
Old 2011-02-16, 04:44 PM   #156
Inzane

Good episode last night.
Old 2011-02-16, 05:05 PM   #157
dirtroad

Default V, they should change the name to "V"

I have been following V pretty religiously, but the routine was broken yesterday and I forgot to set up a timer.
When I went to search for V, with my Bell PVR, I got something like 85,456 hits, none of them were the show V. (I didn't go through them all ) The hits were just shows that somewhere there was a v in it, so maybe they should change the name to "V".
How do other service providers act when you search for V?
Old 2011-02-16, 05:14 PM   #158
scrooloose
Veteran

LOL, just be thankful it's not called E!

-Mike
Old 2011-02-16, 05:20 PM   #159
Danster

Searching V on ROGERS in NB, I think V comes up first and then Vanishing Point if there was such a title.
Old 2011-02-16, 06:34 PM   #160
Dr.Dave

MTS TV search for V comes up with the program as the first choice. It begins retrieving results as you type.
Old 2011-03-09, 01:27 PM   #161
Inzane

One episode to go for this season!

I sure hope they renew for Season 3.

I don't like everything they've done with this new series, but it still manages to surprise from time to time.
Old 2011-03-12, 06:02 PM   #162
MCIBUS
Veteran

Question

Although V is pretty good, the ratings say other wise.

I noticed in next week "Final" Marc Singer makes his appearance,.

I don't believe Dianna(Jane Badler) is so sweet and Innocent.

She wasn't in first attempt to take over Earth in there first invasion(original series) and I don't trust her one bit, she the slimmy DRAGON LADY!! DON'T TRUST HER!!

As for Anna I think she might come out as the 'True' Victor here. In the scene where she and her "child" Ryon's daughter you can see Anna is sub coming to human emotions.

As for the Series V 2009 vs the original series true its more updated with 'sleeper cells' and such, the weapons so far have been PITIFUL!! In the original series at least you saw their weapons IE Laser Rifles,hand guns, their fighters. And there uniforms where more of fit then what there now.

On a side note if you read the V Novels(based on original series) you'll see a slight resemblance to those in the book compared to the series. in the V novel V East Coast Crisis you notice the same individuals are used Lisa(not Anna's daughter) the Priest,some ex mucrs.

On a side note for those following the V saga, Kennith Johnson the creator of V has written a novel V the Second Generation. Its about the original series V and what happens 20 years later(V The Final Battle & series never took place) in it tells of how we faired against the Visitors 20 years later , very interested read, a must for any V fan.

I love V

Have this in my collection:

VHS
V
V The Final Battle
V The series
DVD
V
V The Final Battle
V The Series(Original & Season 1 2009)
V comic Books
V action cards
V The V Files(6 Volumes on the Visitors and where they came from)
V CD Music(very rare and hard to replace)
Novels
V-original novel
V The Final Battle original novel
plus 14 V novels(based on original series)
V The second Generation
Plus tones of SCI _FI Mags with V articles in them.

Last edited by MCIBUS; 2011-03-12 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 2011-03-16, 08:37 AM   #163
Bplayer

The season finale was mildly interesting and has cleared the stage for a potentially stronger next season if the writers get their act together. The main plot was weak and quite unrealistic, and would not have worked with any serious cop show. But this is fantasy TV and "V" so is is expected. I high hopes but low expectations for next season, if there is one.
Old 2011-03-16, 10:15 AM   #164
Inzane

Wow, a lot of sudden character deaths.

And the return of Mr. Whatever-happened-to-my-acting-career-since-V is nice to see, even if he's not the same character.
Old 2011-03-16, 01:56 PM   #165
scrooloose
Veteran

I didn't like the season finale although I was happy to see that Tyler Evans character killed off. I'm tired of the writers making the human race look like a bunch of idiots. All they have to do is skin one of the V's on camera and leave the alien body to be found. What more proof is needed!

-Mike