Bell & Rogers, Rogers & Bell running identical ads - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Digital Industry Forums > Television Industry / Channels and Providers

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2009-06-27, 04:51 PM   #1
windows7

Wink Bell & Rogers, Rogers & Bell running identical ads

Both have TV and print ads that are identical in nature. Both feature a couch-- blue on the left and red on the right (obviously blue = Bell, red = Rogers).

The ONLY difference is Bell offers an extra-long expanded couch (6 blue seats representing them and 1 red seat representing Rogers). I see this in my London Free Press newspaper.

Rogers runs this comparison TV ad in a public park asking people to sit down on the "blue" side and call someone. Then sit on the "red" side and do the same (seems rude to call someone, hang up and call them again a minute later!!!) and then the guy asks them how the sound. "The same.", "Except for the $25 you save w/ us!" Despite having almost ALL Rogers services (except for cellular), I get a blue couch/red couch flyer w/ his little flap. Open the "blue side" and it's crumbs (picture) under the seat. I open the "red side" and it's $25 (picture) under the seat.

It's quite stupid to run identical ads to show the difference of service/savings of the two.
windows7 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-06-28, 06:23 PM   #2
Walter Dnes

I believe that the second ad was intended as a parody of the first.
Old 2009-06-28, 06:52 PM   #3
CamDAB

Location: Far East End of Hamilton, ON (Lake & Barton, 11th floor facing WNW)

The problem I see with this kind of advertising is it simply confuses the consumer to the point no one wins. The point gets lost in the similarities.

Cameron
Old 2009-06-29, 02:28 PM   #4
HammerTime

Telehop Home Phone also has similar print ad, with Bell in blue, Rogers in Red, and Telehop in Orange with the lowest price of the three.
HammerTime is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.