Free upgrade from 6000 to 6131 - Page 13 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV PVR, HD PVR and HD Receivers

Old 2009-03-12, 09:45 PM   #181
i hate tv

It can't hurt...
Tell them that this one won't work in your entertainment cabinet... And you have to buy an IR to UHF remote extender to change channels...
You also lost the OTA tuner that you had on your old 6000, and seeing as your TV doesn't have one, now you have to purchase one...
Hopefully they will ship you what you were promised, if not, I guess its not the end of the world
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2009-03-13, 06:40 AM   #182
peano
Veteran

The UHF upgrade kits for the 6131 are back-ordered - at least that is what they told me when I didn't get mine. She put in a second request for me so maybe I'll get two.
Old 2009-03-13, 10:33 AM   #183
aa_aa

Coming up on 6 weeks for me with no replacement receiver yet. The last 2 CSR have been unable to tell me if my order has even been processed. I have now been told from first call onward, 5-10 business days, 10-15 business days, 10-20 business days and finally that hopefully I should get it before the end of March.

How on earth can Bell not have enough stock to fulfill their commitment to replace the 6000's? They were the ones that sent the letters and had the automated phone calls placed that said they will stop working at the end of March. All in all this is poor example of the way to get things done.

The sad part is, other than complain about the way simsubs are carried out I have never complained about Bell, the service they provde or the amount of my bills. I am now extremely disappointed in the lack of information provided by the CSR and whole swap process in general.
Old 2009-03-13, 03:32 PM   #184
WestKelowna
Rookie

Darn near 6 wks here also no box.

Dont understand a person calling and getting a box all in one week.

I know now I was lied to that my box was shipped on Feb 18th.

I wish they just run these programs through the Bell stores. (pick up and drop off at the same time)

When does the 30 days to return the 6000 start?
Some folks reported finding a box on their front steps , no sig required?

How do they know you received your replacement that way?
Im not calling anymore, if it comes late, then I will ask for credits all the way up to the retention dept....
Old 2009-03-14, 11:01 AM   #185
Westcoaster

Hey WestKelowna, I like the idea about doing the exchange at the Bell store, but they probably stayed away from that as it would have looked like a lot of defective receivers coming in to a new customer standing there!

Anyway, I called orginally on February 3rd, still nothing...
Old 2009-03-14, 12:15 PM   #186
kandkt

It must take extra time to ship the receivers over the mountains to you guys!!! LOL.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:17 PM   #187
WestKelowna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
Hey WestKelowna, I like the idea about doing the exchange at the Bell store, but they probably stayed away from that as it would have looked like a lot of defective receivers coming in to a new customer standing there!

Anyway, I called orginally on February 3rd, still nothing...
I have yet to see another customer in our local Bell Store........lol
Old 2009-03-15, 12:35 AM   #188
arminia

I'm in Winnipeg and I phoned Feb 4 and no receiver yet.
Old 2009-03-15, 05:44 AM   #189
dennism3

It's not the mountains as I know of BTV users here in the interior got theirs a couple of days ago, total of 2-3 weeks and they received it.
Old 2009-03-15, 08:29 AM   #190
novatuc

My next door neighbour and I got our letters one day apart Feb. 4th and 5th and we both called the day we received our letters. He got his 6141 2 weeks ago, I was told on March 12th there are supply problems and not to expect the receiver for another 4 to 6 weeks. Go figure.
But was told I would not lose service on the 6000 so they must be delaying the change over.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:45 AM   #191
ScaryBob
Veteran

I wonder if the delays are on just 6141s or both 6131s and 6141s. I was promised a 6141 but it hasn't arrived. Has anyone waiting for a 6131 experienced long delays?
Old 2009-03-16, 02:37 PM   #192
Westcoaster

Quote:
ScaryBob: I wonder if the delays are on just 6141s or both 6131s and 6141s. I was promised a 6141 but it hasn't arrived. Has anyone waiting for a 6131 experienced long delays?
I called on February 3rd and the Canada Post guy just left after dropping off my 6131 (with Dish RF upgrade kit in the box)...

The outside of the box looked a little rough, but the inner box and contents appear fine, I will be connecting and activating this afternoon. The 6131 looked almost new except for what looked like some light scuffing on the top of the metal case. There were plastic protective stickies on the face plate and everything was sealed in individual bags (receiver, component cables, regular AV cables and remote).

The box was labeled "ATTN: use only for swap", and the series of bar coded stickers that have the various serial numbers and smart card number also indicated that this was a 'Bell 6131 bulk receiver'...
Old 2009-03-16, 08:40 PM   #193
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by peano View Post
The UHF upgrade kits for the 6131 are back-ordered - at least that is what they told me when I didn't get mine. She put in a second request for me so maybe I'll get two.
Mine was ordered again too when the first one they ordered didn't show up after
a few weeks
Old 2009-03-17, 04:45 PM   #194
aa_aa

Once again I got off the phone will Bell with different information than my previous calls.

Their system says I called in on Feb 9 and requested the swap. This time I am told it shows that the order was not even processed until Feb 25. Processed......not shipped. Sorry Sir but it is still not shipped. I asked the csr if it will be ok for me to return ship my 6000 whenever I feel like it? It may be a bit of a rush for me to get to the post office within the 30 days they allow me. If I take the initial ship time of 5-10 days and extrapolate that to the 30 days, I figure I dont have to mail it back for a good 3 months
Old 2009-03-17, 05:55 PM   #195
Westcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_aa View Post
Once again I got off the phone will Bell with different information than my previous calls.

Their system says I called in on Feb 9 and requested the swap. This time I am told it shows that the order was not even processed until Feb 25. Processed......not shipped. Sorry Sir but it is still not shipped. I asked the csr if it will be ok for me to return ship my 6000 whenever I feel like it? It may be a bit of a rush for me to get to the post office within the 30 days they allow me. If I take the initial ship time of 5-10 days and extrapolate that to the 30 days, I figure I dont have to mail it back for a good 3 months
Well I think that we are all beginning to realize that the call placed to order one of these is not necessarily the time one is actually shipped... I called on February 3rd and received the 6131 on March 16th.

The following information is from the tracking number (16 digits above the bar code) on the box I received. BTW you can of course track the return shipment with the numbers from the label used for return shipment.

2009/03/12 21:11 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed at postal facility
2009/02/21 08:39 MISSISSAUGA, ON An order has been electronically submitted

Patience is required to participate in this swap program.

Last edited by Westcoaster; 2009-03-17 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Tracking bar code information added