Professional Installation: Questions about what to expect and related matters - Page 13 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Satellite TV Hardware Installation Forum

Old 2011-10-04, 08:11 PM   #181
Newfiestang50
Rookie

I did not know if the DPP44 was being used or not. I guess thats why I posted in the first place. I really do not want them to run a second line as they will have to drill up through my floor. I guess I will wait and get the install done after Oct 23rd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2011-10-05, 11:44 AM   #182
m3repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLouie View Post
It makes perfect sense. The DPP LNB is only good for 1 or 2 receivers. You will have 4.

2 cables from the LNB can't be hooked up to 4 receivers (without the DPP44 switch that Bell will be getting on October 23rd). If there is only one line going to where the PVR will be, they will need to run another line. It's as simple as that. It's not unheard of to run a second line, I have to do it almost every day.
Pinza can you verify this information? (Is this finally true bell will start to use the DPP44? or will it be the DPP33? (DPP44 is expensive no? more then the DPP33?)
Old 2011-10-05, 03:01 PM   #183
Newfiestang50
Rookie

Just spoke with Bell technical supervisor and he informed me that they have no plans at this time to start using the DPP44 on Oct 23. I guess I will have to buy it myself or run the second cable.
Old 2011-10-05, 04:05 PM   #184
Pinza
Veteran

Asking someone within Bell that question is never a good idea. 90% of them would not know the difference between a DPP44 and an SW44 anyway, let alone if and when Bell will be using them.

If they are being made available to Technicians on Oct 23rd (and I have no reason to doubt JoeLouie), it does NOT mean that every Tech in Canada will have them in their Vehicles on Oct 24th......

@ m3repair. I hope they NEVER go for the DPP33, I speak with countless bell Techs and suppliers and the return rate on this product when used for Bell TV, is very high. One supplier said as high as 50% are being returned because they cannot get 82 on them. He is in the States and tests them on Dish and they work just perfectly, so I can only guess it is an omission in the Software on the Bell Receivers.
Old 2011-10-05, 04:24 PM   #185
Newfiestang50
Rookie

Update, just spoke with a Sky-tec Installer who does alot of Bell installs and he informed me that in my case they will be installing a DPP Quad LNB which is capable of running 4 recievers. They can all be PVR's or non PVR's any combination of both.

I guess I dont need an DPP44 afterall. This equipment he said will be available on the 24th (my install date) along with the DPP44 so I guess you were right. I also mentioned that I may be expanding my system next year. He then told me that I will need a DPP44 at that time which will allow me to go to 6 recievers.
Old 2011-10-05, 04:53 PM   #186
Pinza
Veteran

There is much more accurate information shared on this superb Forum than 100 phone calls to Bell.....lol
Old 2011-10-15, 07:57 AM   #187
JoeLouie

You can get the same information from Bell, you just have to wait an extra few weeks for them to actually confirm the "rumours" that we already know are true lol
Old 2011-10-22, 02:14 AM   #188
leanti
Rookie

in Alberta (Edmonton) dpp quads will be available from the fist week of November. As well as dpp44 switches.
Old 2011-10-22, 01:29 PM   #189
JoeLouie

It was supposed to be available October 23rd (tomorrow), but I know that Bell didn't send nearly enough to us (and probably the rest of the country, so we won't have them tomorrow. Not sure exactly when we'll get them at this point.
Old 2011-10-22, 03:34 PM   #190
Pinza
Veteran

None in the several warehouse's I spoke with yesterday, oh well.....
Old 2012-07-09, 03:33 PM   #191
bigmac10ca

I have a question for the bell techs on here.

I had Bell TV reinstalled at my new house on a move order. The tech installed the dish on the side of my house (talked me into it, as I had preferred it on the roof).

The issue I have is that my new house has yet to be stucco'd and my builder has told me that if the dish is reinstalled after it is stucco'd there may be issues with warranty if I ever had problems with moisture getting under the stucco.

Does anyone know if I contacted Bell would they come reinstall my dish and put it on the roof (where I originally wanted it) under the install warranty? I think the install warranty is 90 days? Or would they charge me for install again...and if so, how much would I be looking at?

Thanks.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:06 PM   #192
Vanny
Rookie

Default New Construction Install

Hi. I am an existing Bell customer. I am building a new home that still has exposed studs, attic, etc. The electrician has run all the in-house coax, and now I am wanting to have Bell come and install the necessary coax from the utility room to the dish location, then come back and install the dish once the house construction is completed. Will Bell do this?
Will it cost me anything?
Will Bell give me a new dish?
Will they give me a new SW-44?
Old 2014-02-15, 10:21 PM   #193
Pinza
Veteran

Why not install the RG6 lines between the Utility Room and Dish location now, yourself.
As a new Customer you will get a Dish.
You will not get an SW44, it will be either a DPP Twin or DPP Quad, depending on the number of receivers you are installing.
Old 2014-02-15, 11:40 PM   #194
Vanny
Rookie

I am uncertain where the technician will want to install the dish, and so, I don't want to run the RG-6 yet. Assuming that the technician will only install one run of cable for free, I will then run 3 more lines along side the technician's cable. (I have 3 TVs, but want to have an extra line, just in case). I am an EXISTING customer, not a new customer. I am merely moving my service. Will I still get a new dish?
Am I right in that the technician will only install one run of cable?
If I currently have an SW-44 at my current residence, will Bell give me a DPP Twin, or a DPP Quad?
And finally, will Bell grant me two service calls (one call now to install the coax, and one later to mount the dish)?

Last edited by 57; 2014-02-15 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed