Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Rock Band Downloadables

86K views 528 replies 50 participants last post by  BGY11 
#1 ·
I thought maybe this could be a separate thread, as content is added every week. Here's the big list so far:

Downloadable Tracks (in order of release)

Metallica "Ride the Lightning"
Metallica "Blackened"
Metallica "And Justice for All"
Police "Can't Stand Losing You"
Police "Synchronicity II"
Police "Roxanne"
Queens of the Stone Age "3's and 7's"
Queens of the Stone Age "Little Sister"
Queens of the Stone Age "Sick Sick Sick"
Creedence Clearwater "Fortunate Son"*
Foreigner "Juke Box Hero"*
T-Rex "Bang a Gong (Get It On)"*
The Knack "My Sharona"*
The Runaways "Cherry Bomb"*
Wolfmother "Joker & The Thief"
David Bowie "Moonage Daydream"
David Bowie "Heroes"*
David Bowie "Queen Bitch"*
Black Sabbath "N.I.B."*
Black Sabbath "Sweet Leaf"*
Black Sabbath "War Pigs"*
Ramones "Rockaway Beach"
The Clash "I Fought the Law"
Buzzcocks "Ever Fallen in Love"*
Radiohead "My Iron Lung"
Weezer "Buddy Holly"
The Pretenders "Brass in Pocket"*
30 Seconds to Mars "Attack"
30 Seconds to Mars "The Kill"
All-American Rejects "Dirty Little Secret"
All-American Rejects "Move Along"
The Sounds "Song with a Mission"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Gimme Three Steps"
Black Crowes "Hard to Handle"*
Rush "Limelight"*
The Hives "Die All Right"
Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast"*
Stone Temple Pilots "Interstate Love Song"
Sweet "Action"*
The Monkees "Last Train to Clarksville"*
Blink 182 "All the Small Things"
Oasis "Don't Look Back in Anger"
Oasis "Live Forever"
Oasis "Wonderwall"
Smashing Pumpkins "Siva"
Rush "Working Man"*
Coheed and Cambria "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)"
B-52's "Roam"
Faith No More "We Care a Lot"
Kiss "Calling Dr. Love"
The Clash "Complete Control"
The Police "Truth Hits Everybody"
The Ramones "Teenage Lobotomy"
Stone Temple Pilots "Sex Type Thing"
Weezer "El Scorcho"
Garbage "Why Do You Love Me"
Nine Inch Nails "March of the Pigs"
Nine Inch Nails "The Collector"
Nine Inch Nails "The Perfect Drug"
Grateful Dead "China Cat Sunflower"
Grateful Dead "Casey Jones"
Grateful Dead "Sugar Magnolia"
Grateful Dead "Truckin"
Grateful Dead "Franklin's Tower"
Grateful Dead "I Need A Miracle"
Black Tide "Shockwave"
Paramore "Crushcrushcrush"
Serj Tankian "Beethoven's C***"
At the Gates "Blinded By Fear"
Evile "Thrasher"
The Haunted "D.O.A."

Songs marked with an asterisk are covers.

See less See more
#30 ·
hi guys,
quick question.. i don't have Rock Band or a PS3 yet, but will be soon. My queston is how much 'space' is used up on the hard drive? How big a file is a song or album anyway?

Because i can see myself buying "a lot" of the download stuff and it makes me wonder if a hardrive gets full can all these songs be saved any other way?
(maybe it's a stupid question, but PC hard drives seemed so big and then in no time we need more. and a ton of games and save files and download content, it just got me wondering..)

#32 ·
Re: space on HDD

Well, the songs can go up to 50 MB, depends on the length of it, but average is approx 30.
As far as HDD space goes, you shouldn't have too many worries at first, however to put yourself in a safe position considering your expected gaming...adding mp3's....videos..whatever.... I would buy an HDD upgrade and pop it in BEFORE you start installing game and what not... this way you need not worry too much about porting over all the data to a newer one in future, AND saves you future time and worry etc...

Just knowing that you will use it a considerable amount, and the cheap cost (comparatively speaking) of HDD's these days... I would absolutely take this preemptive approach to minimize ANY concern for quite a while in your future... get a 2 or 300 GB hdd and you will be in a very good position.

JMHO Oh, and I have the 60 gb model and I am looking at HDD upgrade now. lol

#35 ·
#36 ·
DLC for the week of April 29th...

From HMX:

These songs can be picked up individually for $1.99 (160 MS Points). And here they are:

The Mother Hips – “Red Tandy” (MASTER)

The Mother Hips – “Time Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear” (MASTER)

Smashing Pumpkins – “Zero” (MASTER)

This week's tracks will *not* be available as a pack, and must be downloaded separately.
I'll pick up "Zero" for sure.

On a side note regarding the Judas Priest DLC - "Devil's Child" is as close to an AC/DC song as you can get right now.

#37 ·
GTA IV is taking up most of my time, but here's this week's DLC info:

Each song is available at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the whole Scene Pack.

The three tracks are-

“This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” by Fallout Boy (master)

“Date With The Night” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (master)

“It Hurts” by Angels & Airwaves (master)
Don't know any of them by name...

#39 ·
For the week of May 13th...

The DLC for next week is $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points). It appears on Tuesdays on the Xbox 360 and Thursdays on PS3.

Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie (master)

Train in Vain by The Clash (master)

Kool Thing by Sonic Youth (master)
Don't recognize the songs?

Hanging - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVANp6Psd4
Train - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYK7bEo1Z4M
Kool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARdNyWEKAFY

Well, that's a pass for me. Maybe Kool Thing for the drumming challenge...

#40 ·
After a relaxing long weekend HMX greets us with a buttload of DLC:

Hey everybody, its that time again. [Week of May 20th] for DLC we have the tracks from the European release of Rock Band. All tracks are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each. They will be available Tuesday on the Xbox 360 and Thursday on the PS3.

Beetlebum as made famous by Blur (cover)

Hier Kommt Alex by Die Toten Hosen (master)

Countdown to Insanity by H-BlockX (master)

Perfekte Welle by Juli (master)

Manu Chao by Les Wampas (master)

Hysteria by Muse (master)

Rock N Roll Star by Oasis (master)

New Wave by Pleymo (master)

Monsoon by Tokio Hotel (master)

#41 ·
I ended up getting "Hier Kommt Alex" and "Countdown to Insanity" from this week's DLC release. Both fairly fun to play on guitar at least.

For next week:

As many of you have sussed out already next week's DLC is self-titled Cars album! Each track will be available for $1.99 per track (160 Microsoft Points) or $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points) for the album. The album will release on Xbox 360 on Tuesday, May 27th and PS3 on Thursday, May 29th. The following tracks appear on the album-

All Mixed Up

Bye Bye Love

Don't Cha Stop

Good Times Roll

I'm in Touch with Your World

Just What I Needed

Moving in Stereo

My Best Friend's Girl

You're All I've Got Tonight
"Just What I Needed" and "My Best Friend's Girl" are likely the only two I'll be picking up.

#42 ·
I didn't see this coming...

Ready to get your head spinning? This week are we really covering the spread. First we have a three pack of songs from Jimmy Buffett for $1.99 each (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the pack. Jimmy Buffett rerecorded the three songs for exclusive use in Rock Band, turns out he really digs the game.

Also along for the ride this week is the long-awaited Disturbed three-pack of songs from their new album INDESTRUCTIBLE. Best Buy recently announced they are partnering with MTV Games and Hamonix to offer Disturbed fans the opportunity to download two free tracks from the band’s highly anticipated new album, INDESTRUCTIBLE. By pre-ordering the album at www.BestBuy.com/disturbed, fans will receive instructions to download title track “Indestructible” and “Inside The Fire” for Rock Band from Xbox Live. Both of those songs will also be available to all Rock Band owners on 360 and PS3 along with a third track from the album "Perfect Insanity". Each Disturbed track will be available for $.99 per track (80 Microsoft Points) for a limited time, or $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the three pack.

Tracks are as Follows-

"Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett (master - new original recording)
"Cheeseburger in Paradise" by Jimmy Buffett (master - new original recording)
"Volcano" by Jimmy Buffett (master - new original recording)
"Indestructible" by Disturbed (master)
"Inside the Fire" by Disturbed (master)
"Perfect Insanity" by Disturbed (master)

Also has anyone seen this - My Name Is Might Have Been: The Post Apocalyptic Rock Band comic? Killer.
Link for that comic - http://www.mighthavebeen.net/view.php?ID=1

The comic is worth reading!

#43 · (Edited)
Rock Band stumbles in the face of GHIII DLC!

Yes, it's true. This week's pathetic announcment from HMX:

Release date: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace)

Thursday, June 12, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:

MTV2 Pack
The Material Moving to Seattle
The Myriad A Clean Shot
Them Terribles Bullets & Guns

Maxïmo Park Girls Who Play Guitars*

*Track not included in MTV2 three-pak

(All tracks utilize original master recordings)

Price:

$.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the MTV2 three-pack
Meanwhile...

In anticipation of Motorhead’s new album, on June 5, 2008 [Guitar Hero III] players can shred to the band’s legendary hits “We Are the Road Crew,” “Stay Clean” and their first single, the self-titled “Motörhead.”
Crap. I really wanted Motörhead songs for Rockband.

#44 ·
Ok, OT for the RB thread - but to clarify the whole Motorhead thing - the three tracks aren't the original masters. They were re-recorded by Lemmy and the boys. Far inferior to the originals IMO.

#46 ·
This two weeks worth of announcements:

Despite published reports, next week's DLC isn't actually the Pixies (that comes the week of June 24th). Instead we have two tracks from Avenged Sevenfold, a track from The Offspring, and a track from Crooked X.

Release date: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace)

Thursday, June 19, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:

“Afterlife” (Avenged Sevenfold)

“Critical Acclaim” (Avenged Sevenfold)

“Hammerhead” (The Offspring)

“Rock N Roll Dream” (Crooked X)

(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track for the Avenged Sevenfold songs and The Offspring song.

Crooked X’s “Rock N Roll Dream will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).

[Details for the Pixie's album release "Doolittle"]

Release date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace)
Thursday, June 26, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:
“Crackity Jones”
“Dead”
“Debaser”
“Gouge Away”
“Here Comes Your Man”
“Hey”
“I Bleed”
“La la Love You”
“Monkey Gone To Heaven”
“Mr Grieves”
“No 13 Baby”
“Silver”
“Tame”
“There Goes My Gun”

Price:
$18.99 (1520 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Album or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track.

#47 ·
Harmonix slipped this one past me!

In addition to Pixies "Doolittle" (click for the Pixies announcement), we are also offering a three pack from Weezer, straight off of their new album!

Weezer Pack 01:

Dreamin' (Master)
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Master)
Troublemaker (Master)

All three tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points) or as a pack for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points).
I wouldn't call myself a fan of Weezer. I loved their Blue album, but have cared little for the stuff they have released since then. However, the new "Red" album tracks remind me of "Blue" a lot. I was quite happy with the purchase, even though the difficulty level isn't very high.

#48 ·
Content for July 1st

Happy Canada Day!

Tracks:
Crüefest Pack:
“Down At The Whisky” – Mötley Crüe
“Time Is Running Out” – Papa Roach
“Who’s Going Home With You Tonight” – Trapt

“Promised Land” - Vesuvius

Price:
Crüefest Pack:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the entire collection of tracks or 99¢ (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

“Promised Land” – Free!

#49 ·
On the heels of the official annoucement of Rock Band 2, and assurances that all existing and future DLC will be compatible for both versions of the game (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/885/885168p1.html) comes news about The Who's DLC.

Whatever happened to Who's Next being the first full album DLC? Someone stole some of the master tapes!

http://kotaku.com/5014229/boo+hoos-for-the-who

Harmonix is trying to make it up to it's customers with a 12 song "best of" pack of original master recordings by The Who:

http://kotaku.com/5020682/massive-dose-of-the-who-coming-to-rock-band-july-15th

It sounds like "Baba O'Reilly" can't be included. Can you really call it a "Best Of" whithout that track? :(

#51 ·
It sounds like "Baba O'Reilly" can't be included. Can you really call it a "Best Of" whithout that track? :(
From IGN.com

July 1, 2008 - Rock Band will get an infusion of classic rock 'n roll this month when a 12-song collection of tracks by The Who makes its way onto Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network.

The tracks, including three live recordings from the band's Live at Leeds album, were chosen by MTV Games and Harmonix in consultation with Who members Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend. Here's the full list of songs:

"Amazing Journey"
"Baba O'Riley"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Eminence Front"
"Going Mobile"
"Leaving Here"
"My Generation" (Live at Leeds – Rock Band edit)
"Real Good Looking Boy"
"Sea & Sand"
"Summertime Blues" (Live at Leeds)
"Who Are You"
"Young Man Blues" (Live at Leeds)
What a great song list!

#50 ·
IGN: Once RB2 is out, can you still download and play new tracks on RB1?

Teasdale: Absolutely! We've been working hard with Microsoft and Sony to develop a way to share content between games, and we're really happy that we'll be the first game to support fully functional cross-title DLC.

As far as Harmonix is concerned, there's no difference between "Rock Band 1 DLC" and "Rock Band 2 DLC" – we're just releasing awesome songs every week onto the Rock Band platform, all of which are playable by the Rock Band titles that support DLC.
Awesome news.

#53 ·
New content for July 8th:

Coming at you a day early with the announce as we are closing the office tomorrow and celebrating our independence from something or other (something about a tea party in there too). What do we have for you? How about two tracks from the Red Hot Chili Peppers? That not good enough for you? How about two songs by the one band most people seem to be able to agree upon, Rush? What if I told you they were both masters? Yes, one of the songs is "Working Man" which we have put out as a DLC cover a few months back. This version (the Vault Edition), however, is an alternate-take master from the same session they recorded the hit with an alternate solo. It has never been released. Some days it is really amazing to have this job. Seriously.

Release Date

Tuesday, July 8th (Xbox 360 Marketplace)

Thursday, July 10th (Playstation Store)

TRACKS

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tell Me Baby

Rush - Closer to the Heart

Rush - Working Man (Vault Edition) alternate-take master

All tracks are masters

PRICE:

All tracks are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.