Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Undocumented Features - DSR-530

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  prdufresne 
#1 · (Edited)
I just spent the last hour trying to find instructions on how to sort the DVR list, and I can't find anything (at least not with obvious search parameters) in the forum nor is it documented in the manual. I thought it might be nice to post all of these undocumented features in one place.

These are the ones I'm aware of:
  • Skip Forward/Backward in IPG jumps forward or backward a day.
  • Hidden menu at 6-4-9-7-7
  • Hidden menu at 6-4-9-8-8
Some of these maybe code specific, like the Skip Forward/Backward which was introduced in BC.

#3 ·
giude problems ?

for the 530 ,, just hit opt, 6,4,9,7,7,1 then if you are at "diagnostics" use left or right to get to screen F, hit info once and its a guide flush , twice reloads channel map.... this seems to work on most recievers for guide flush ,,,,, if you surf around in diagnostics to find cookies ,,,,you will end up calling SC. for a factory reset,,,I wont even tell you what screen that was in,,,,,,

#4 ·
Here's a couple:
You spotted the 24 guide jumps, now try the play and pause.
One takes you to 299 or 298 if you've set French and the other takes your guide to the current time & channel, a home position if you will.

This might be a bug, but I think it's a feature:
To look back in time in the guide to see what you just missed, find a 1/2 or 1 hour grid cell in the 2nd or 3rd slot overtop of a program the extends earlier in time.

Now shift the focus from the slot 2/3 cell down into the long cell below it and now you can navigate a few hours earlier in time.
Very cool.

#5 ·
An interesting feature, that's undocumented, but can prove useful:

If you connect a component source to the front panel input, then use the "source" key on the remote to select it, the DSR-530 will convert the singal and send it to the DVI and component outputs.

This saves me a great deal of trouble when playing home movies from my camcorder.

#7 ·
Timed Skip Forward/Back

If you are watching a recording, you can skip forward/backward a specified number of minutes by doing the following:

Type in the number of minutes you want to move (Say, 1-5 to skip forward 15 minutes), then hit the Skip Forward button. The same works for Skip backward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.