Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Latest on Mexico

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tdti1 
#1 ·
We are still in Vancouver but I heard from friends in Mexico that some had lost their reception...
Have a stacked dual down there at the cottage...
*C said there are two sizes of stacked quad...the larger one they use in the Northwest territories and since the new sattelite footprint is smaller, even though the signal strenght is 10% stronger the problem should be resolved with the larger dish...
They are sending a new stacked quad to our canadian adress to take down with us at NO charge..
Have heard since then that mexican friends have good reception with the quad{dont know if it is large or small)..
We and they are about three hours south of P Vallarta (Chamela Bay)
If any one has any confirmation I would love to hear..
Heinz

#3 ·
Manzanillo

Reports from Manzanillo and Puerto Vallarta say that people with the quad and either the elliptical dish or a large oval are still having problems getting more than half of the stations. The dual LNB with a 90cm. oval is working but with a lower signal level (50'ish) which may cause a problem during the once a winter rain storm.

#4 ·
reception in Mexico

heinz57 said:
We are still in Vancouver but I heard from friends in Mexico that some had lost their reception...
Have a stacked dual down there at the cottage...
*C said there are two sizes of stacked quad...the larger one they use in the Northwest territories and since the new sattelite footprint is smaller, even though the signal strenght is 10% stronger the problem should be resolved with the larger dish...
They are sending a new stacked quad to our canadian adress to take down with us at NO charge..
Have heard since then that mexican friends have good reception with the quad{dont know if it is large or small)..
We and they are about three hours south of P Vallarta (Chamela Bay)
If any one has any confirmation I would love to hear..
Heinz
I am located in Jocotepec about 3 hours from PV. I am using a DSR315 with an 8ft dish,I have 80% signal and 80% quality.You cannot get a realy good signal with the normal dish.
fminmexico

#5 ·
fminmexico said:
I am located in Jocotepec about 3 hours from PV. I am using a DSR315 with an 8ft dish,I have 80% signal and 80% quality.You cannot get a realy good signal with the normal dish.
fminmexico
The larger reflector would be the best chioce. Is your dish mesh or solid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.