Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

DSR600 Discussions Thread

115K views 173 replies 71 participants last post by  LONSat 
#1 ·
This discussion thread is for people to discuss the new Shaw Direct HDDSR 600 when it becomes available on July 4th, 2011.

Please post your thoughts and your feedback on this unit once you have it up and running.

#116 ·
I apologize if this isn't the correct place to ask my question.

I have a Shaw receiver HDDSR 600. It works in the city. In past years, I've brought it to my cottage and done a refresh and it's worked. This year, not. All I see is a red light on the front of the unit. A Shaw person told me last evening that if I could get a green light on the front of the unit, I could then get a refresh. To try to get a green light, I was to keep changing channels to see whether a green light appeared. I tried to get a green light to appear by changing channels, but couldn't.

Is there some particular channel number I could try that would get me a green light, after which Shaw would do a refresh for me?

Have I misunderstood completely what I'm supposed to do?

Is there some other way to get this green light I was told to get preparatory to asking for a refresh.

Any assisatnce appreciated.

Thanks,

Leslie

#119 ·
I have a DSR600 that appears to have died. The power supply is fine as I have tested it with another unit, and tested that units power supply with the DSR600 in question. When I plug the unit in, the power light and a couple of others turn on for a second, and then turn off, and that's it. The TV says "no signal". Is it possible a firmware update messed it up? It's in a guest room that I don't use very often, so I have no way to know how long it's been like this.
Are there any front panel or remote button commands to wake it up, or would a hit from the website do any good before declaring defeat?

thanks

#126 ·
That may not be the problem but worth a try. You can get a refresh sent as well just by calling them it's one of the phone options. You could also try the unplug reset as well. That will have the receiver run through its powering on cycle. I have to do that to my 605 every once in a while. It'll give a read light no signal. I just unplug wait a couple of minutes plug it back in, it runs through its cycle and is good to go again.

#127 ·
OK, thanks - I've unplugged and plugged probably 10 times: same routine on the front lights. One other question: does the unit repower itself in the 'ON' or 'OFF' mode, i.e. do I need the remote to power it on after plugging in, as it has no buttons whatsoever compared to the 605 and 630.

#128 ·
I have a 600 as well and I just did a hard power reset. I had the receiver and TV on. Once plugging the receiver back in the red light flashed for a bit the green light flashed a couple of times before coming on solid and the red goes out. The on screen guide will take a bit of time to reset as it will say no data. With the receiver still on I did not have to do anything with the remote.

#130 · (Edited)
DST and Timers on HDSSR600

The timers on my 600 are wacky after the switch from daylight savings time to standard time.

The timer "Reminder Options" screen is divided into two vertical panels. The left panel show the start time and start date; the right panel provides full information about the timer event.

The left and right panel no longer agree on the start and end times of each timer event. The right panel displays the start and end times I originally set. The left panel start and end times are early by one hour.

The actual action works the left panel, meaning all of the actions are incorrect - early by one hour.

I unplugged the 600 for 10 minutes. No change to the timer screens. :frown

I called the automated Shaw telephone service to get a re-hit. I turned off the 600 by the remote control and waited 10 minutes. Now the timers are really screwed up! Editing the timer shows a completely different time - now everything is wacky. I will now DELETE all timer events and start fresh. GRRR...

#133 ·
So... I have 3 of these HDDSR 600 units. Long story short... a number of years ago my housemate was getting into technology and had these things shipped to the house. But nothing ever came of them.

We've both moved on to different cities and I just found them as I'm unpacking. Can I use them for anything? Perhaps for OTA with antenna?

Thanks.

#135 · (Edited)
DSR600 Reminder Options Wacky

The "Reminder Options" of my DSR600 and the actual timers are off by 1 hour. Example the "Reminder" calls for a start time of 9PM, the actual timer goes off at 8 PM.

The split screen on the "Reminder Options" display shows the correct times (9PM) on the left, but the right side of the screen shows the actual timer start at 8PM.

I pulled the power supply plug and re-connected after a few minutes with no change.

What's going on? :frown

I put a photo of the TV screen into my album. Thanks 57 for the photo help.

I resized the photo to 600x600 pixels prior to uploading.

GALLERY > ALBUM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.