Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

DSR600 Discussions Thread

115K views 173 replies 71 participants last post by  LONSat 
#1 ·
This discussion thread is for people to discuss the new Shaw Direct HDDSR 600 when it becomes available on July 4th, 2011.

Please post your thoughts and your feedback on this unit once you have it up and running.

#84 ·
Haven't had a freeze on my refurb 600 since I installed it.

Might be worthwhile tracking the from/to channel number pairs for a while to see if there is a pattern. Maybe also track the changes that work.

I'd be real curious if it's a burp going from an F1R transponder to a G1.

#85 ·
When it happen yesterday i remember going from 2 channels on the old satellites. BUT I did go from and SD channel to an HD channel. First the channel says it cant acquire a signal and the VOD msg pops up, so i switch to another channel and thats when the rcvr reboots.

#87 ·
DSSR 600 remote??

I have a DSSR 600 that i ordered. It arrived and when I opened the box it had no remote. I called SD and they said it does not come with a remote:confused: I plan on mounting the receiver behind a wall mounted plasma out of site. What kind of remote can I use and/or does the DSSR 600 require line of site? I don't know why they don't include the remote I find it strange? Is the DSSR 600 RF compatible? Will be using with a Samsung F8500 plasma.

#89 ·
Generally the 600 do come with remotes if it was bought new and in a green coloured box. Refurbished units are usually shipped without remotes and are in a brown box. The 600 is a line of sight receiver or IR. The 605 and 630 can be out of sight receivers.

#92 ·
I have a 600 on my dresser in my room. If I'm laying in bed which is below the top of the dresser, the remote is slightly out of line of sight and and clicks do not register. Therefore it wont work if completely hidden behind the TV. test it beforehand for sure as you'll more than likely need to find and alternate arrangement.

#93 ·
Shaw is sending me a remote. I am using an old 505 remote at the moment. I have a Samsung F8500 Plasma and it came with a IR blaster so the Sat box works fine behind the TV I just double side taped the blaster to the wall aiming at the Sat box. Thanks all. I just wish Shaw was compatible with the smart hub feature. All of the local cable companies are listed, but Shaw is not.

#97 ·
Is there a way to move the picture position for SD channels? I find when an SD channel is on the picture is to far to the left and needs to be more centered. HD seems fine though. Connection is HDMI and it is set to 480i, 16x9.
The 1080i channels are not cropped on the left hand side though.

#102 ·
I have a new 600 receiver (a couple months old). How is it possible that for certain TV program the satellite signal come down to zero at the exact time the show start and come back full at the exact time the next show starts?

For example this past few weeks on Wednesdays at 8 pm the signal strength comes down to zero on every channels Canadian or US where survivor is airing. At 9 pm, the signal comes back to normal...

#103 ·
Do you live in a "southern" province. Sounds like you are out of the foot print of the G1 satellite and the receiver is trying to do a simsub of one of the western Canada network feeds over the US network. When this happens the signal will drop to zero as you are not receiving the signal. If this is not the case then you might have the wrong channel map for the type of LNB you have and again the receiver is trying to a simsub for a signal your LNB can'f handle.

#105 ·
DSR 600 Picture Issues

I've been noticing weird picture issues on DSR600 model receivers. It seems like it has started with the most recent firmware update.

I see almost like brief lines across the video on the top half, and it is somewhat choppy. Disconnecting and reconnecting power resolves it temporarily.

At first it was only on one box, but now I've noticed it on 2 out of 3 total.

Disconnecting and reconnecting power appears to resolve the issue for a few days.

Anyone else noticing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.