Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can I switch on of my SC receivers with my brother

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hugh 
#1 ·
Hello:

I would like to get a SC two receiver system. I think it is an excellent deal and the channels and picture quality is worth making the switch from cable to satellite.

However, the main reason for getting a satellite system is so I can watch Vancouver Canuck games on Rogers Sportsnet Pacific when the lock out ends. Here is my problem, I live in Alberta and the games are usually blacked out because of NHL rules etc. I love hockey, but I cannot justify purchasing NHL center ice because I have four kids and an extremely busy life chasing them around.

My question is: If my brother who lives in Vancouver gets a two receiver SC system can we just switch one of our receivers so I could watch the games on Sportnet pacific? Would his receiver still think that it is in BC? Is there anyway, Star Choice can find out what I am doing?

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
That would be dishonest. You have kids, you would be setting a bad example for them. Does nobody have morals anymore?

And of course your brother would have a receiver that is getting games from the Alberta market that he is not suppose to be getting.

Shame.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I don't see what is wrong with it since I would be bringing two new customers to Star Choice. Myself and my brother and our $50 dollars each or more. I am doing this for one channel. It is not like half my neighbors who are hacking Bell or Direct Tv without paying a dime.

I guess you are right!! I should be ashamed. I guess Ted Rogers and JR Shaw should have been ashamed too for out right stealing American TV signals and pumping them into their cable lines for free until 1990 or so.

But, really I think you are right!! I was trying to bend the rules a bit!!

Thanks for your reply!

#7 ·
It's called morals, if the law says it wrong, and you agree to live by the laws then it is wrong. Why switch receivers, just get a FTA box and some software and never pay for tv again. At first I kinda felt you didn't really see what you wanted to do was wrong, but then you justified it by saying, 'I guess Ted Rogers and JR Shaw should have been ashamed too for out right stealing American TV signals and pumping them into their cable lines for free until 1990 or so.', this shows me and others that you can justify breaking the law because you believe somebody else broke the law, not a message I would want to teach my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.