Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

nfusion HD

13K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  billbly11 
#1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the nfusion HD FTA receiver? Does anyone own one and have it up and running? And if so, are you happy with it? Any help/advice/ info/comments that you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks and regards. Greg

#2 ·
As per our FAQ: FTA receivers to avoid buying,

nFusion HD: Outdated satellite list, buggy software, no blind scan and receiver does not support DVB-S2 8PSK (even with addon tuner module). Company is no longer in business so no warranty.
Hope you did not purchase it new and/or pay a lot for it as you won't receive many HD channels with a receiver that does not support DVB-S2.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#7 ·
For a good basic entry level HD FTA receiver, you can't go wrong with the GEOSATpro MicroHD at only $125 and for something more higher end, look no further than the AzBox miniMe American Edition at $229 or even the AzBox Premium HD Plus at $350.

The AzBox miniMe is the most recent receiver which we are currently carrying. In addition to FTA satellite, it also comes with an online radio player capable of playing over 2500 North American radio stations and a multimedia player capable of playing your pictures, movies, music and recordings from either a local or network disk.

Software development on this unit is being made right here in Canada by AzBox Canada and several additional features are being added in the near future such as free and subscription based IPTV services, a web browser, Youtube player and an OTA tuner.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#8 ·
The microHD is an excellent machine if your TV has HDMI. I have one plus an evil old Coolsat that accepts Keys and serial connections. hehe. The microHD is also somewhat future proof as it supports a lot of up and coming transmission methods based on input from the companies that put satellites in orbit.
Steve

#9 ·
I bought one of these "Dawgs" for Intelsat-805 for the Nicaraguan Mux (Before it went encrypted mid last year) .. The S2 module is only for Hacksters and will not work on FTA DVB-S2 signals... Eventually used a Openbox S9.. 1/3 the price and works 10x better..

The worst $375 I ever spent in FTA...

Now for the good news..

It is a fantastic OTA-HD receiver. With a 4 bay up about 30' I get a fantastic signal for Global, CBC and TVO.. Global and TVO in 1080i, CBC in 720.. Hooked up to a 720 native Projector is gives really awesome 91" HD picture.

It still does duty on FTA KULZ Univision on Galaxy 17 -

The optical audio is nice for 40+ radio stations there as well.

Right now I use it with component out, but the HDMI is ever so much sharper (I have to use component until I get a simple HDMI switching arrangement to the Projector)

Today, I would not hesitate to spend the $149ish listed for these as a secondary tuner for OTA TV to match basic cable on a TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.