Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Free previews

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  HDTV101 
#1 ·
I have an Azbox premium HD+, and have tried to get Dishnet free previews, but with no success. All I get is about 18 copies of the same thing (background music). Is it even possible to get free previews on a FTA receiver?

#3 ·
Even if they did, my Directv account had all of the premiums free this last weekend. What a sorry bunch of garbage that was. It just bolsters my resolve to not buy into the premium crap.

#5 ·
To receive the free previews you need one of two things.

1. A Dishnet receiver and a current subscription.
2. A Dishnet receiver and a cancelled subscription.
Caveat is that the receiver with cancelled subscription has to have remained hooked up to an antenna receiving a good signal. Can't yank one out of the closet and expect it to work. Not gonna happen.
One could try hooking it up again...if it was a legit subscription, (if ur in Canada isn't likely) it may catch up someday. But chances are the preview ur interested in will be over by the time it catches up, if it ever catches up.

Logic being in hopes to lure the ex-sub back to subscribing again someday.
Or, luring the current sub to expand their subscription.

#6 ·
I have an Azbox premium HD+,
Does anyone know what going on with www? I placed an order 8 days ago, and they do not answer the phone, live chat, or emails. There does not seem to be anyone there.
FYI, if you purchased your AzBox Premium HD+ from Worldwide Satellites then it's most likely a clone unit made in China as per AzBox Canada's advisory on this retailer. We also had reposted their advisory on this forum in order to assist them in advising the general public on this issue.

If this is the case then you should contact AzBox Canada ASAP in order to have your unit analyzed in order to confirm that it's a clone to try and get your money back. Counterfeit units don't benefit from the 2 year hardware warranty and might be disabled in future firmware updates.

Best regards,

Dr. Sat

#8 ·
To my knowledge, AzBox Canada did not publish a document yet to compare clone v.s. original for AzBox Premium HD Plus. The document that you used was for the AzBox Premium HD (not plus) clone which has been discontinued for quite some time now so it does not apply for Premium HD Plus units.

I strongly recommend you contact AzBox Canada and let them know that you purchased a unit from World Wide Satellites. They will then tell you specifically which pictures to send them and other information they need in order to provide you with a full analysis report for your unit.

Best regards,

Dr. Sat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.