Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Luken Mux on137.0W & 87.0W C-Band

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jaygeetee 
#1 ·
So I finally have my C-Band system up and running; 10' mesh, AZBox premium Plus, V-box x actuator. Can pick up all sats from 72.0w to 139.0w however I can't get a lock on the Luken Mux @ 137.0W 4000H 29125 2/3 S2/8PSK or the Mux @ 87.0W.
Can anyone shed some light as to why only these channels will not scan in.
Tnx

btw I do get other channels on both these Satellites.

#2 ·
Too many S2 channels, crammed on a transponder, may be the issue. It's not just you. I've seen complaints from all over North America about those Luken channels. I use a 6 footer and have no chance at seeing them. I put up a dedicated Ku band dish, for the 3 Luken channels on 83w Ku. That even has a weird skew to it. Luken is just pure hell, on this hobby. The only channel of theirs that I occasionally watch is RTV, but it's not great quality. Have you tried the new COZI oldies channel on 103w Ku? It also has a weird skew.

#3 ·
number of channels in a mux has nothing to do with being able to lock a transponder or not. Jaygeetee's issue probably has more to do with footprint of the satellite or alignment of the receive antenna.
The ability to lock a transponder is a function of the received S/N ratio, delivery system (S,S2), modulation scheme, and the amount of error correction being used.

I just checked it on 87W cause it's been a while and it is fine here on a 7.5' mesh in WNY. I measure about 12 dB S/N at 87W 3920 H 29125. So I have about 3 dB quality margin before I'd lose lock on that transponder which is plenty. A Dvb-S2 8psk signal at 5/6 FEC shouldn't fail until the S/N ratio is less than 9.35dB. Keep in mind WNY is in the 41 dBW contour and BC is probly 37 or 39 dBw.

http://www.ses.com/4628194/ses-2

note: noticed on lyngsat they started putting the C/N Lock threshold for transponders in green font under where the beam eirp is.

Beam
EIRP (dBW)
C/N lock

#4 ·
Thanks guys for your inputs...I forgot to mention that on the 137W Luken Mux when I sit on the tp the signal Quality will jump to 100% and then back off to 0, back and forth. After a scan I get "Freq:4000 SID:1" to "Freq:4000 SID:32" and when I tune in any of these 32 channels I just get audio stutter and video blur and tearing.
PrinceLH, I do get COZI with my 1 meter dedicated dish @103W with skewed lnb. COZI took over the old Universal Sports slot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.