Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Viewsat Ultra

13K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Pinza 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have been out of the satellite stuff for quite awhile but looking to get my gear out and hook it up. I wanted to know what was working and how to get started with a Viewsat ultra?

VENOMIZED_199

#2 ·
If you are asking about getting Bell or Dish programming via that box, you will not get any help around here.

Signal theft is not discussed on this Forum at all.

If you are looking for help with a legit FTA Installation, what Sats do you intend aiming at.?

#4 ·
Well it is true that very little true FTA can be received on a small Dish, if any but adding a 75 or 90cm Dish you most certainly can get yourself a few hundred channels.

Have a click on the Forum Sponsors link at the top of this page and have a look at what is available to you.

#5 ·
The Viewsat Ultra is quite old so it will only receive DVB-S transponders. Although there is still a fair amount of channels receivable on these transponders, an increasing amount of channels are switching to DVB-S2 8PSK and/or MPEG4 so a new receiver that supports these formats is strongly recommended.

To get started though, you need to buy at least a 31 inch dish (preferably 36 inch for optimal Ku band reception) along with a linear LNBF. A motor is also recommended in order to receive all available satellites on a single dish.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#9 ·
What I am trying to say is that for many of these so called "rookies" that suddenly appear on this forum (as an example venomized) that claim to have found some new interest after five years, seven years, three years (or whatever), it is obvious to anyone that they are either working for Bell, Dish or some other "monitor" person.

Truth is, no one is that dumb -- even a monkey could read this forum -- or read all of Dr. Sats posts to learn more about FTA in its current state (Ku and C-Band).

One could even do google searches to find out more without much effort.

In short, I am suggesting that this individual (if not a plant) was previously breaking the law and the Bell staff / RCMP would be more than happy to point him in the right direction.

#10 ·
This Rookie has been around since June 2010.......

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, not just come straight out and call them a Thief.

Give the Guy a break, he asked a question, that is all, he got an answer, lets hope that he now stays and helps others and not just jump to conclusions.

#11 ·
Old thread but I totally agree. Picked up Viewsat Ultra myself two summers ago at a garage sale for $5.00 in original box with diseqc switch and cables. Flashed it with factory bin and use it as backup receiver for Galaxy 19 and Ses 1. It is a fine FTA receiver. Ridiculing somebody because he asked a question about Viewsat Ultra should not have place on this forum, and if the monkey could read, than the monkey should read the rules of proper conduct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.