Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to return to FTA

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Kraven 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I used to have free to air tv, but when it went offline for awhile, didn't get it vack to work until a bit. I am now looking for how it works nowadays. In my time we used usb keys with sonicview. What do I need now. Do I need to change my dish positionning (used to be set up on NIMIC I believe), the dish itself or just the receiver. As for the receiver, I would want HD channels so what would be my best choice?

I apologize for the long question, but I feel All the knowledge I once had about f2a is now obsolete.

Mabenediction

#2 ·
You were probably stealing. Such discussion is not tolerated here.

Legal FTA does not need keys or USB updates.

You will need a 1M or so Ku dish and LNBF, aimed at G19 or where you want to get programming from. For now, that is the extent of my FTA system.

If you want FTA HD get one of the Azbox or or Open S9/10 boxes mentioned elsewhere.

#3 ·
You are not talking about FTA (Free To Air), you are talking about TFA (Theft From Air), and that is not condoned, nor discussed here.

#4 ·
Oooouhhhh...I love that term. TFA. I guess this is the best term to describe what FTA is not.

Basically there are 2 types of machines to get info from satellites: TFA and FTA boxes. One will send the RCMP to your house and the other is not for everyone..unless you like to watch feeds and lots of ethnic programming, some in HD and some not. :eek:

#5 ·
Lots of Oldies stuff up there and a hand full of movie channels. If you like network time shifting, it's there too. Sure, lots of ethnic channels and religious channels, but most of all, there is some variety. Just make sure you read allot, before you jump in, to see what's available.

#6 ·
You first need an HU card... also called an OJ card because it has a photo of OJ on it... it's what got him arrested in the Vegas hotel room. OJ wanted the card so he could get the Playboy channel in HD... which it's capable of receiving if it's wired up to an Emu using some old Bell telephone wire connected through a Zapulator to the receivers card slot. Be sure to read the instructions on how to install the MIKOBU III drivers or you might loop the OJ card.

HU Card

#7 ·
Is the Zapulator somehow connected to the flux capacitor? I thought those were not made anymore due to the Braun patent infringment.

#13 ·
If you watch Honey I Shrunk The Kids on BluRay, there is an extra where they show you how to build a shrinker machine device. I managed to build one from parts bought on eBay but I need so much energy that I have to wait for Point Lepreau before connecting it on the grid.

#14 ·
Post #2 was probably sufficient to scare the one post wonder away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.