Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Miami Mux and THIS TV, SES1

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tdti1 
#1 ·
I was wondered if anyone else in Canada was having an issue with the Miami Mux and THIS TV on SES1? I have had good results with most of the channels on this bird. I was curious that I was able to get the MeTV transponder at a quality of 85%, but can't seem to land THIS TV, on the same transponder, but different frequency.

On the Miami Mux, many south of the border have signal issues, the further north they go.

#2 ·
no problem here in buffalo

#4 ·
ThisTv

Tuned specs:
System: DVB-S 5
Frequency: 3953 V 2734
22khz: OFF
Modulation: QPSK 0
FEC: 5/6 5
Inversion: OFF 0
Rolloff: 35 0
Pilot: ON 0

status 1e | signal 81% | snr 85% | ber 0 | unc 0 | FE_HAS_LOCK

MeTV

Tuned specs:
System: DVB-S 5
Frequency: 3974 V 5924
22khz: OFF
Modulation: QPSK 0
FEC: 5/6 5
Inversion: OFF 0
Rolloff: 35 0
Pilot: ON 0

status 1e | signal 82% | snr 75% | ber 0 | unc 0 | FE_HAS_LOCK

#6 ·
My curiosity is not being able to get THIS TV, while MeTV comes in at 85% on the quality side. I may try to tweek again tomorrow.

#7 ·
when MeTv is peaked, change the transponder freq / SR to that of ThisTV,
try adjusting the freq +/- a couple MHz to see if it locks.

Also try bumping the dish slightly east / west. They are both relatively narrow signals and may get stomped a bit by wider BW carriers on the adjacent satellites.

#8 ·
I just came in and read your post. Before I did, I peaked the dish. I then moved over to 99.2 Galaxy 16. I did the scan and the signals were in the 90's. I didn't remove the MeTV channel out of my list. I decided to just see if there was any signal from MeTV and it showed a 65% rating. So I decided to do a scan on SES1, while I was sitting at 99.2. Voila, THIS TV came in at 58%. Now I lost the Ion Channels, but they're a high lock, if I move over to 101. So now I'm watching all of the channels from 99 and have the MeTV and THIS channels as a bonus, without moving the dish. Of course I deleted the Religious channels from 101 that scanned in. All is good for now.

#9 ·
ThisTV and the two ME channels are fine here on the microHD, nice signals this am. I've got a 10' dish with a +/-1 degree apature; a 6 or 8' dish might be picking up adjacent satellite signals (2 degrees or more) depending on the parabola of the reflector. I get this effect when pointing at 125W and 127W because the signals filter through a tower that refracts them a bit and can get both satellites from the one position. Not that much on these sats (C-band) so no big issue.
Seperate Ku dish the tower lines up with 110w which has no FTA anyway. Didn't plan it that way just worked out perfectly! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.