Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Help setting up RTPi on eMtech-100 satellite receiver

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Icedog101 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new here and want to thank for the info we get here.
I am in Toronto and I need help setting up my fathers satellite receiver ( Emtech EM 100 ) with the RTPi`s new parameters on intelsat 805. I try to log in the numbers but a message say no EPG.

I appreciate if some one has the information.

#2 ·
Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with your receiver.

That said, I have not watched RTP for the last couple of weeks on 97 degrees west, but I did notice a scroll back then that it talked about the new parameters for the C-Band that you are looking for as well as on 89 C-Band (I think).

If I have a chance tomorrow, I will bring it up and write down for you.

There may be a soccer game on in the afternoon (either available directly on the TV station or on the Radio portion) of the channel.

#3 ·
As per http://www.drsat.ca/news.cfm?ID=51

only the frequency was changed from 4080 Mhz to 4102 Mhz for RTPi on Intelsat 805. The polarity remains the same as Vertical and the symbol rate is the same as before which was 4340.

Most receivers will allow for just the transponder frequency to be edited in order to update the already scanned in channel as the same PID information is used on RTPi's new transponder. However, some receivers will require a brand new transponder to be added and a new channel scanned from the new transponder in order to regain service.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

#4 ·
Thank you for your kind information. I was aware of the numbers , but I was unable to introduce them. I was playing with the receiver and I noticed that I was entering on the wrong setting in the receiver. I was putting the numbers but didn't stick.
Now I know what to do to change the settings.
I am concern is that in the first trimester of 2013 rtpi is going to migrate to intelsat25 and I cannot see on the list in the receiver.

Thanks for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.