Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Galaxie (Now Stingray Music) On Rogers

53K views 110 replies 35 participants last post by  57 
#1 ·
Has anyone else notice the name changes on Galaxie on Rogers?

It appears Max Trax has been dropped or merged with Galaxie?

But the numbering ogf the Galaxie channels doesn't make sense? :confused:

The galaxie numbers are mixed up as wel accordding to the IPG there 60 GX 60 but there noot 60 galaxie channels available on Rogers?

As far as I know Galaxie only offers 45.

The only thing I can think of Rogers "may" in the future add the other Galaxie channels.

#88 ·
Today,the frequency of break ups appeared to have increased.I counted 12 break ups in one hour on channel 729;one of which was a minimum of 10-15 seconds of dead air.I have sent another note to Galaxie.Since this represents only one sample size,I do not know what the" frequency of occurrence" normal distribution would be.I find this frequency unacceptable.

#90 ·
Feedback from Stingray since the issue of dropouts and breakups is still present - probably every two songs or so...

Thank you for your continued interest in Galaxie, your musical universe.

We again appreciate you taking the time to inform us about the ongoing technical problem concerning several of the Galaxie Channels with Rogers. Please rest assured that our team has been working closely with Rogers and the issues will be resolved between now and the end of the week.

We are sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
The Galaxie Support Team

#94 ·
Not that I am a big defender of SM24 (I just refuted something he said at http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=1447498&postcount=462), but 57, he posted that the same day as those other posts you linked to were posted. I was just adding the channel number range to the thread since I didn't see it here and I was away at the time this happened.

Back to the main topic at hand, is that now the entire Galaxie package of channels or no?

#98 ·
Actually, Rogers has 3 Galaxie channels that Sasktel doesn't:

976 Latino Tejano
977 Regional Mexican
974 Retro Latino

These are the 43 Sasktel channels that Rogers doesn't have, along with their Sasktel channels numbers:

771 2000s
768 '60s
764 All Day Party
746 Bass, Breaks and Beats
798 Celebrating Canadian Country Music
742 Celtic
766 Chansons
754 Chillout
756 Classical Calm
755 Classical Greats
757 Classical Orchestral
751 Cocktail Lounge
752 Cool Jazz
748 Dancefloor Fillers
750 Deep Blues
762 Drive
799 Franco Fêtes
763 Freedom
760 Greatest Hits
745 Groove (Disco and Funk)
777 Headbanger
749 Hip Hop
775 Indie Classics
730 Jammin'
753 New Age
737 Nothin' but '90s
758 Playground
769 Revival '60s and '70s
772 Rewind
776 Rock Anthems
778 Rock of Ages
781 Schlager
765 Silk (Love Songs)
770 Soho '70s
782 Sommer Hits
732 Soul'n R&B
783 South African Traditional
741 Swinging Standards
747 Trance
788 Türk Müzigi
761 UK Chart Toppers
780 Volksmusik
779 World Carnival

That means there are at least 103 Galaxie channels distributed in Canada - there may be more.

You can see the list of channels for any provider on the Galaxie site:

http://www.galaxie.ca/en_CA/channels

#101 ·
Edit - Updates in posts 103/4.

I sometimes go to the Galaxie website to see what song is playing:

http://www.galaxie.ca/en_CA/channels/Adult+Alternative for example.

I have noticed lately that the timing of the songs can be off by as much as 2-3 songs. This means that the current song playing is not the "now playing" song, but rather 2-3 songs down the list, and the time beside the list is not correct. For example, the song which says it's starting at 12:23 actually started at 12:29, so the playlist is typically off by a couple of songs, depending on song length (and channel).

Edit - I just checked Classic Rock and it was off by 3 minutes, while Adult Alternative was off by 6 minutes.

Yesterday it wasn't far off, but today and a few days ago it was off by several songs. If anyone from Stingray is reading this, please correct if possible. I'm posting this in the Rogers forum because that's my provider and I'm not sure if this is a provider-specific issue, or whether it affects everyone.

As noted in the following thread, there are occasional glitches in your songs on Rogers. I encounter roughly one "hiccup" an hour for a second or two. The song seems to "gurgle" and then returns to normal.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=188113

#104 ·
This morning the generic list was off about 2 minutes. The Rogers list was off by 1-2 minutes, depending on the song. Close enough. The time shown was off by 1-2 minutes, but the switch to the current song was "on time" with when the song started.

I wonder why there are different times for different providers? I could understand a few seconds for "processing", but several minutes seems odd to me.

#105 ·
Galaxie will have Holiday Music on three channels starting November 5th - January 7th.

Holiday Favourites, Franco Fêtes, Smooth Jazz Christmas.

10 Additional channels will be available on-line or on mobile.

http://www.galaxie.ca/en_CA/channels

PS. The times in the playlist are still off by about 1-2 minutes, as discussed in previous posts, but that is "acceptable".

#106 ·
For the last few days I've noticed that the on-screen information often has "Display Difficulties - Full Service Will Resume Shortly" instead of the song info. I've noticed this at around midnight when I programme my PVR. I usually listen to Channel 726, but it's also an issue on other channels. The correct info does return after a song or two, but then can go away again... I listen to Stingray a lot during the day, but that STB is not connected to a display, only a Stereo Receiver.

#107 ·
I have not seen that particular message, but what I have occasionally is the message that service for a certain channel (I usually listen to 722 and 727) is not available. All I have to do is change to a different channel, and then go back to the desired channel, and it works every time. Just a weird glitch I guess, so I'm not worried.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I too am getting that "Display Difficulties - Full Service Will Resume Shortly" message. It comes and goes away on channel 727.

#108 ·
As I initially reported in post 106 last week, most of my Stingray channels are now showing "Display Difficulties - Full Service Will Resume Shortly". I scanned from channel 712-750 and very few have song info. Last week only a few channels showed "display difficulties".

That wouldn't be so bad, but this morning there is no audio on many of these channels. I can listen for a few minutes to channel 726 and then the audio goes away. I'll tune to another working channel - say 723 - and then that music will go away. I can go back to 726 and the music may or may not be back. If I leave it on the same channel, the music will come and go every few minutes or so. I have e-mailed Stingray. If others are encountering issues, I encourage you to e-mail or contact them. Thanks.

musicsupport@stingray.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.