Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corus suspends the Dean Blundell Show on 102.1 The Edge

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  stampeder 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I was on a jury for a month long trial a few years back and while we were only sequestered jury deliberations we were warned daily not to discuss anything about the case with anyone outside the jury room. Also, we were warned not to read/watch/listen to anything in the press about the case.

We were also told that discussing how we arrived at our verdict with anyone outside the jury room post-trial was forbidden.

So, saying "likely" illegal may be a tad of an understatement. :)

#8 ·
Generally listen to satellite, even tho it cost me $500 just to add to my car - and in no small part due to Dean Blunder. Could not listen to that show without wanting to toss the radio out the window before all of my brain cells died. For people that think reality TV is just to cerebral.

Unfortunately, there is still too much mindless drivel in the morning y whoever replaced them. I have to take my non-sat car once a week to work (keeps the battery working in the winter to get a real run once in a while) and while better there's still too much air time that isn't music. I know they have to pay the bills but concentrate on music after that. Evening drive is about the same...

#10 ·
#13 ·
Dean Blundell’s permanent replacements announced for Toronto radio station 102.1 the Edge

Toronto radio station 102.1 the Edge now officially has a new morning show — featuring personalities who are already familiar to listeners of the alternative rock outlet also known by the call letters CFNY.

Josie Dye, who has hosted middays on the station for a decade, will become a permanent part of the 5:30-10 a.m. shift along with the deadpan Edge evening host of the past year or so, Greg Beharrell.
I don't normally listen to morning radio so won't miss Blundell. I did listen to Josie Dye when she was on middays but I have always tuned out Greg Beharrell as he is kind of...well...unlistenable, to me anyway.

Blundell has organized a roast for himself at Toronto’s Sound Academy on April 5 designed as a relaunch of his career following the dismissal from the station...
Hey...I got fired roast

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.