Netflix not working on Sharp LC60LE835U - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Internet Television: Streaming Services including Netflix and Apple TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2013-04-09, 09:10 PM   #1
numba1killa

Default Netflix not working on Sharp LC60LE835U

I have Netflix set up on my Sharp TV and it has never worked right from the start. I try to run Netflix and sometimes it will load, and other times it won't load at all. On a lucky day, I'll get to the Netflix Home screen and be able to select a program. But when it starts to play my show, it will go to a 2nd loading screen, then freeze and I'll have to revert back to my normal TV viewing. I have my DNS Server set up to receive U.S. Netflix and it works fine on my 2 Xbox360's as well as a Wii and 2 PS3s.

Anyone else have issues? I have also run Netflix with no special DNS Server and it doesn't work either... any suggestions? thanks
Advertisement

Old 2013-04-09, 09:49 PM   #2
North_of_Calgary
Veteran

It works fine on my Sharp (different model). Are you using wifi or a hardwired ethernet cable?
Old 2013-04-10, 04:08 PM   #3
numba1killa

I tried wifi, didn't work, switched to wired, didn't work either.
Old 2013-04-10, 04:19 PM   #4
XM4243

My guess is the Netflix app on your TV is the problem. Can you update it?
Old 2013-04-10, 08:36 PM   #5
numba1killa

I took off the American DNS Server code and it slightly works, but the app is still ridiculiously slow. I can get 15 mbps on Bell where I live... 18 on a good day.. so I have no idea why this app doesn't like to work. I tried to update it but it said the software was up to snuff...
Old 2013-04-11, 02:36 PM   #6
brownstar
Veteran

Its the app for your TV rather than a connection or DNS issue, I have a cheap Dynex blu-ray with Netflix on it, the app is very slow but works otherwise.
Old 2013-04-11, 06:51 PM   #7
North_of_Calgary
Veteran

The newer sharp TVs just use the HTML5 app controlled by Netflix. That way Netflix can update it dynamically - it's just HTML5. It's not a custom app.

I'd recommend trying the app on the demo TVs at the store. See if it's slow and unreliable there. If that's the case it could indicate memory pressure or something on the TV. If it's fine at the store then call for service.

Like I said, I have a Sharp TV as well and the netflix app is fine (except for when netflix is having issues). Works just like it does on other HTML5 devices (i.e. GoogleTV). But I do have mine plugged in, have never used wifi on it.