Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Modulation on 97

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  John Koenig 
#1 ·
Hi. A senior neighbour of mine lost his Pansat receiver in January 2011 at which point I had offered to replace it with a goood old SV4000 I had lying around. After conducting a full satellite scan on my IRD connected to his dish and had FTA channel lists sorted out, he turned it down simply because I couldn't add enough channels in the favorites list...

Looks like now he's changing his mind and so I'm wondering if reconnecting to his dish, if the SV4000 would still decode or has everything moved to DVB-S2. Checkling Lyngmark doesn't help as I tend to take everything there with a grain of salt.

Basically, is stuff still in the clear for legacy receivers on the 97 satellite. And is it worth it to update TPs??? Thanks, CM.

#2 ·
There is still lots of DVB-S, especially on 97W. Yes, you should rescan each sat since things change fairly quickly these days. Check www.channels.drsat.ca to see what's out there now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.