Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

ISF HDTV Calibration Discussion (Who, Where, Why, How)

57K views 255 replies 111 participants last post by  superstring 
#1 ·
#78 ·
yll said:
Google is your friend...
Speaking of which - doesn't it just blow your mind that Google can do something like that - find the HTML version of a specific pdf, and in less than 1/10th of a second. Or a multi-word search string, which it then cross-references to see which results those results point to most often to give you the order of results - how, damnit? HOW??

My 3GHz+ machine can't find a file title in a folder of a few hundred files in 10x that amount of time, let alone searching the text of those files. :(

I know, I know, Google has indexes (indeces?), rooms filled with stupid fast servers, drives, etc. but still - that's a s---load of stuff that it has to comb through in that 1/10th of a second - absolutely incredible. :eek:

#79 ·
Vancouver Island HD Calibrations?

Is there anyone who does calibrations here on Vancouver Island? I know Michael TLV does some on lower mainland when he gets to the coast but there must be someone that will do the island.

Dave.

#86 ·
relocating to Victoria

I am an expat returning to the TGWN after 8 years residing in the SF/BAy area. I am posting to this thread because I will be residing in Victoria and I wanted to know what my options are regarding HDTV/Cable/Satellite providers. Is Shaw the only player in town?

Cheers :)

#87 ·
Expressvu offers your best selection. They have some good deals on HD receivers compared to 6 months ago and you can also rent them or you could the last time I looked. Personally I think renting makes the best sense with developing technology.

Welcome back to the second greatest place on earth. (I live in Nanaimo and that's number one.

Regards
EJM

#92 ·
ISF Calibration of 51S500

I was wondering if anyone on here has had there 51S500's (or similar set) calibrated by a ISF tech. I was considering getting this done and I wanted to know if it is worth it. Specifically on this or similar models.

I was thinking about the full deal. Screen protector removal, set lining and all. However, it can be quite pricey ( about 1/3 the cost of the TV ). And I want to be sure I wont regret it.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanx

#101 ·
ISF Calibrator - Mark Kaye

I had Mark Kaye calibrate my Pioneer Elite RPTV about 3 years ago. Back then, to my knowledge, he was the only ISF certified calibrator in Ottawa. He did a complete grey scale and adjusted the full range of colour, black levels, etc for all inputs. I'm a very fussy customer and had him come back to do several grey scale and other touch ups until I was completely satisified which he didn't mind doing. I'd recommend him.

The only thing though is his web site doesn't seem to be working and hasn't for quite a while now. Hope he's still in business. I've bought a new DVD player and would like to have some adjustments made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.