Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

AzTrino 1.6 - North American edition for AzBox ME

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cham 
#1 ·
With the release of the AzBox Me AzTrino edition, AzBox Canada has created a customised version of the AzTrino operating system in order to make it a bit easier to setup the AzBox ME for North American use. Based on the current 1.6 version, it includes the following enhancements:

- Numerous menu items and options were renamed in order to fix grammatical errors in the English user interface.

- Current North American satellite list from 1W to 177W separated by band where applicable.

It is available for download on the AzBox Canada website at http://www.azbox.ca under Support. A HOWTO document on how to setup a USALS motorized satellite system when using this firmware can also be found in the Support section for download.

Notes:

Due to issues with 1080i and 1080p 60Hz resolutions, it is recommend that 720p @ 60Hz resolution be used at the moment if your TV does not support the PAL format (i.e. 50Hz).

Please note that we are aware of the following issues which will be resolved in future versions: (Priority items are in bold)

• Channels with no name won't scan in.
  • No picture with 1080p @ 60Hz or 480p @ 60 Hz resolutions.
  • Missing 480i @ 60Hz resolution.
  • Excessive overscan regardless of resolution.
  • Audio cuts out and sometimes get a strange hum when using 1080i @ 60Hz resolution.
  • Transponders found during blindscan don't scan properly as it appears IF is not being calculated properly. Added transponders don't have the correct frequency.
  • SNR level meter reads lower that what it should be
  • Image from last channel stays on screen until new channel comes in
  • Graphs not working when selecting channel details
  • Mono left or Mono right audio mode not working
  • Blindscan never starts unless you select an active transponder first in manual scan.

See less See more
#2 ·
Dr Sat,
Have you or anyone else tried the AzTrino software on the older Azbox receivers (Ultra)? I see the AzBox site has a version available for the original receivers but I suspect it will come with a European satellite list. Maybe one can add their own list from the original software?
-C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.