Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael R. 
#1 ·
Is anybody else following Hemlock Grove on Netflix?

After seeing the previews lately on regular TV, I decided to have a look.
It is a strange program. I can say it took me at least 4 episodes to get into it. I guess their catch phrase "Every demons have a demon" holds true.

What I like is being able to binge watch the show. They have added the second season in the past weeks and I think there are 25 episodes in total. I must say the actor that really attracted me to the show is none other than Famke Jensen. But boy is she evil in that show. :eek:

I'd like to hear what others are saying.

As a side not, the director is Eli Roth, the same guy that did Cabin Fever. Also, the kid playing Roman on the show, is the younger brother of Eric on True Blood. He walks just like Eric.

#2 ·
My least favourite Netflix series, but I still enjoyed watching it.

I started watching to see Famke (although I don't find her character that interesting), but often found the need to FF skip-jump past some of the less-interesting sections in both seasons. If I later realized that I skipped past something important, I just went back to watch a few of the important scenes, so that I understood what was going on.

Even though it's my least favourite Netflix series, I still enjoyed watching it, and it's also the ONLY Netflix series that I binge-watched each season (10 and 13 episodes respectively) of, within a week of each release. Currently, I've only finished watching S1 of House of Cards and S1 of Orange is the New Black, but I still managed to finish both seasons of Hemlock Grove before I finished those other series (sure, the FF skip-jumping allowed me to finish the series faster, but I did go back many times to watch what I initially skipped past, as well as re-watching many of the more interesting scenes).

I like the cool-looking transformation scenes in Hemlock Grove, and the apparent need for nudity reminds me of True Blood. There's a whole lot of crazy going on in Hemlock Grove, but I certainly liked a lot of it.

I also noticed that a portion of Hemlock Grove's season 2 finale is the same as a scene from a Spartacus episode [Starz tv series], yet another series filled with blood and nudity.

If there's a third season, I will watch it ... and most likely will finish it all within a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJgvfrroKHM
[Hemlock Grove S02E01 -- eventually will be shortened or removed from the site]

#3 ·
I binge-watched the second season, and really enjoyed it. A very odd show...which is much of the appeal.

Incidentally, the show is filmed in Ontario.

I feel bad at times for Price. He's a brilliant scientist in the show, but he takes so much abuse from everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.