Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Streaming Netflix etc to my TV

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  brownstar 
#1 ·
I am going to buy a Samsung series 6300 TV with smarthub. I have Shaw high speed internet with wifi about 20 ft away and will put in a Shaw Gateway system. I would like to know if I can simply stream Netflix or whatever to the TV without any other equipment. I have read reviews, some find doing it very easy and others seem to have lots of problems. I would appreciate any advice that can be offered. Thanks.
David

#2 ·
While I don't have a SAMSUNG, I do have an LG smart TV, connected via wifi.
Mine is about.. 8 ft away, so not as far as yours.. but at 20 ft away, I wouldn't THINK you would have signal issues (unless ALOT of metal, etc in between the two)

All you should have to do, it set up your TV to connect to the wireless.
Then download the Netflix app on the smarthub app interface.. and that should be it.

I greatly enjoy using it that way.. saves the need for a separate device like a media PC or even using Netflix on a bluray player sort of thing. I don't notice any lag or any issues.
Only thing with it is, if you are using an AVR.. since the feed is coming into the TV, it directly wont go through an AVR, unless you are using HDMI ARC, or will have to use a optical out back to the AVR.

#3 ·
When getting network connectivity to your TV my recommendation is that you go wired if you can, go wireless if you must. Wireless networking is (and will probably always be) prone to random glitches due to environmental conditions; like someone turning on the microwave or your neighbor's baby monitor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.