Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Netflix Original Series: Lilyhammer

8K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
"Lilyhammer," a fish-out-of-water story set in Norway and starring Steven Van Zandt, premieres on Netflix on February 6th.

Van Zandt plays Frank Tagliano who is a former member of the New York mob. After testifying in a trial in the United States, Tagliano is relocated to Lillehammer in Norway through the FBI's witness protection program

Tagliano decides to start a new life in Lillehammer Norway after seeing television images of the Winter Olympics in 1994. The story follows his transition from being a feared and respected gangster in New York to being an unemployed immigrant in Norway. The former mob member, however, quickly discovers that to get up and in the Norwegian rural society, he must resort to the old, ruthless methods.

#3 ·
I'm surprised think Netflix is releasing all of the episodes at once. You'd think they would stagger them to build a bit of excitement. Now it's a one day or one week thing and its over.

#8 ·
I've been watching this, I'm 3 episodes in and it is pretty good actually. The only thing I find funny is that, unless time is moving by leaps and bounds through the episodes, Johnny seems to understand Norwegian fluently from listening to a couple tapes and sitting through a couple language classes.

I do wonder whether this is a one shot deal or whether Netflix will commission a second season?

#17 ·
My wife and I loved Lilyhammer. We watched it over two days.

Lilyhammer had many of the excellent characteristics that people loved about The Sporanos. Mixed-in with that was the charming fish-out-of-water tales of a gangster moving into a small town and setting-up shop.

If you're unsure after one episode, keep with it. It is a lot of fun.

Looking forward to the second season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.