Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Changing the DNS on the Bell Turbo Hub (Cellular)

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bev fan 
#1 ·
I am trying to install a Roku to use US-Netflix. My Bell Turbo Hub (Netgear MBR1210 router) does not seem to have an obvious place to modify the DNS associated with the Wireless Broadband port. As I can't change the DNS on the Roku, I have no choice but to change it on the router. Any suggestions? I can't find it in the manual for the router, so I have to assume it's something Bell sets, and over which I have no control.

I am looking at putting in xplorenet Fixed wireless next week, and will have to see if I have the same issue. Otherwise, I am sending the Roku back, since the Canadian Netflix library is so small, it's not worth it.

#2 ·
Some devices will not work with American netflix no matter what you do as the content is blocked either by netflix or the device firmware . For example my Sony tv will not play us netflix but it works fine with hulu plus . Hulu plus will work only if I change DNS numbers on my router.I use unblock- us.
Another example , my tivo will play canadian or american netflix but will not access hulu plus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.