Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Netflix problem on Sony blu-ray S370

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ecarlino016 
#1 ·
Hi,
We have a Sony blu-ray player, model S370. We've been using it for Netflix, but it's been messed up for a few months now. The show listings on the sony are completely messed up. Searches don't find shows that are supposed to be there (which we can see on our computers), shows that do appear say they can't be streamed (but we can stream them from our computers). Maybe 1 out of 10 shows actually plays. I've tried to reset the player but this also seems impossible. I do the factory reset, but it still manages to remember my netflix account. Obviously it never truly resets to the factory settings.

If anyone has some suggestions on what I can do, I'd appreciate it. I don't really want to spend $100 on another device when I already have one that is supposed to work.

thanks

#2 ·
I recently had a problem with a Sony TV accessing Netflix with the app. It would hang as if the app wouldn't load properly (even though it passed the "loading" screen).

I unplugged the TV and let it sit for 10 min. to ensure all power was removed. This removes all app from active memory......and voila, the Netflix app now works as previous.

I hope it helps. BTW I believe that Sony may have one of the worst implemented Netflix apps available. No CC available is terrible.

EC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.