Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Telus IP issues and Netflix?! HELP!

Tags
netflix telus
7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rewrite 
#1 ·
Hey, I saw on here that there are some Telus technicians floating around this message board and I was hoping for some insight..

Basically since this am, Netflix on both wired and wireless devices isn't working anymore due to a "location change". Called Netflix and was informed my IP was currently a US IP, and because of that my Netflix account is unaccessible.

Called Telus and went thru the whole ipconfig/etc's in DOS, my IP address didn't change and he said because of being an Optik subscriber the problem couldn't be fixed??

Just wondering if this is a Telus issue, or what? All insights appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
TELUS`s IP address blocks are identified readilly using ARIN Whois or another `Lookup` service. They are always shown as TELUS and Canadian region. Not sure why Netflix thinks your in the US.

TELUS will not roll your IP address to satisfy Netflix, it will make no difference anyway since it will just be another TELUS address and Netflix is thinking they are US addresses. Netflix is incorrect, TELUS addresses are Canadian region and that should be easily verifed by them. I`m having no problem with my Netflix.

Try this link, it should tell you right away where your IP address comes from and who its registered to (TELUS). All you have to do is click this link, http://ip-lookup.net/, then click on the link a bit further down that says IP owner info (Whois). It should tell you its a TELUS address, owned by TELUS, with the address shown being 7 3777 Kingsway, Burnaby B.C. You will also see a Canadian flag right under your IP address when you first come to the page, indicating yet again the country of origin for that (your) IP address.

- another TELUS tech

#4 ·
when i tried my current ip address on http://ip-lookup.net/, it shows multiple owners:

African Network Information Center NET154 (NET-154-0-0-0-0) 154.0.0.0 - 154.255.255.255
Telus Corporation PSINET-B2-5-SWIP (NET-154-5-0-0-1) 154.5.0.0 - 154.5.255.255
PSINet, Inc. TELEUS-154-5 (NET-154-5-0-0-2) 154.5.0.0 - 154.5.255.255

some geo ip website showed that i am in washington dc, and speedtest.net shows that my ISP is PSINet... I heard that telus just acquired this ip block (154.5.x.x) from someone else so some geo ip servers might not have updated their information. But there is nothing user/telus can do about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.