Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread

324K views 2K replies 113 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
This thread will be for rumours, channel deletions and complaining about any channel not offered by Shaw Direct, or not functioning properly.
Actual confirmed new channel announcements and channel deletions will now have their own thread.
Shaw Direct Official Channel Announcement Thread

#28 ·
WWE Network well worth the $12 a month.

That $12 also includes the upcoming Wrestlemania which previously used to cost like $60 or $70 Canadian to get. That $12 a month also includes every PPV each month. So for the real wrestling fan like myself it's a great value plus most of those documentaries and reruns are fun to watch. I have been subscribing to the American version of the channel since Feb. of 2014 which is costing me $9.99US/$12CDN a month plus another $4 a month for an unblocking service.

#30 ·
Here's the blurb from Shaw:
subscribers will get all 12 live WWE PPV events, including Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series, plus:
  • All day scheduled and live programming
  • Hours and hours of on-demand content from the top rope straight to your TV
  • Live in-ring action, documentaries, and reality shows - Catch up on every match on WWE NXT, WWE Main Event, and WWE Superstar. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
  • Ground-breaking original series, including The Monday Night War, WWE Countdown, and more
  • Access to the WWE app

#31 ·
Wonder what Shaw Direct will do with them discontinuing Speed HD and SD on April 1st? will they replace these channels with something else, would really like to have NFL Network in HD. Had a conversation a few months back with a CSR at Shaw D, I asked about a few stations which we would like to have in HD. His answer was channels are added in HD by how popular and requested they are. I find that very hard to believe, was BeIN sports the most requested and popular channel they could have added a couple of months back?

#50 ·
I had a pop-up survey on the SD website not long ago asking to rate it and suggest improvements and so on. I suspect it will be made-over in the future to be more like (or even just the same as) the Shaw Cable website. That's not much better but it's a definite improvement on the current Shaw Direct site.

#51 ·
Its been sometime since I had SD, I can't remember but on the channel count(east or west)do they count all the channels available in either the East Or West(depending on where you are)on the system or do they just count the ones you sub to on your receiver?I know with Bell Fibe the count goes up and down mainly on the season?(NFL ST CI,Etc) either are added or dropped is it similar with SD?