DVR recordings Viewed on Computer? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Go Back   Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums > Canadian Internet, Phone, TV and Wireless Service Providers > Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE) > Bell Fibe TV

Digital Home Helpful Information

Old 2013-03-29, 05:11 PM   #1
MCIBUS
Veteran

Question DVR recordings Viewed on Computer?

Not being that skilled in computers and the Internet, is it possible to view your DVR records on your computer, without hooking your DVR to your computer, but rather using your computer to connect via the Internet to your DVR and going thru Fibe TV to view it?

So basically instead of viewing it on your tv you view it on your computer. Now I'm not sure if your DVR needs to connect via the USB? Internet connect or if the Fibe TV cable itself will work? So if for example your away from home can you view your records somewhere else or perhaps at home on laptop or computer?

My apologies if this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm not that skilled in computers & that kind of stuff.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2013-03-29, 06:35 PM   #2
yyzlhr

Possible, but not a feature at this time.
Old 2013-03-29, 08:18 PM   #3
betterthancable

I think this is possible for Windows 7/8 computer supported by Mediaroom. Bell will probably deploy it this year or next via Ethernet or wireless likely instead of USB.
Old 2013-04-05, 01:09 PM   #4
madhi19

The weird part is the bell router actually create a media server that my ps3 can connect to. So how hard would it be to just point the PVR to that media server for Bell?